*(Via Black Enterprise) Besides having fewer funds available to spend at the hair salon because of the recession, increasing numbers of Black women are opting to wear their natural hair, adopt a DIY look, or opt for cheaper options–trends that have been a few of several factors in the closing of Black hair salons across the country.
Black salons have survived for decades by doing what they do best–hair–and many have offered the same types of services for years. But just because Black hair (and our pockets) are going through a major transformation doesn’t mean that our salons can’t be a part of the process.
regularly advertise and offer more specials.
Read more and view a slide presentation at Black Enterprise.
- S.C. Legislature Has Votes to Remove Confederate Flag; KKK to Rally at Statehouse
- NBC Wants Minority Host to Replace Trump on ‘Celebrity Apprentice’?
- Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin Goes Viral with Anti-Confederate Flag Post
- Report: Tyga Fails to Pay 50K Offered to Squash Underage Sexual Battery Lawsuit
- Lee Daniels Signs Overall Deal with 20th Century Fox TV
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Reveals She’s Having Twins
- NBC Fires Donald Trump Over Racist Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Bails from BET Awards Over Stage Demotion
- Cameron Turner: More White Folks Need to Listen To Us
- Female EMT 'Fired' for Refusal to Support Baby in Distress (Child Dies)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here