*(Via Black Enterprise) Besides having fewer funds available to spend at the hair salon because of the recession, increasing numbers of Black women are opting to wear their natural hair, adopt a DIY look, or opt for cheaper options–trends that have been a few of several factors in the closing of Black hair salons across the country.
Black salons have survived for decades by doing what they do best–hair–and many have offered the same types of services for years. But just because Black hair (and our pockets) are going through a major transformation doesn’t mean that our salons can’t be a part of the process.
regularly advertise and offer more specials.
Read more and view a slide presentation at Black Enterprise.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Oprah's Convo with T. D. Jakes About Mega Church Series 'Greenleaf' (Photos)
- George Zimmerman Brags About Selling Gun That Killed Trayvon
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Angela Simmons Confirms Pregnancy: 'We Are Overjoyed'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here