*(Via Black Enterprise) Besides having fewer funds available to spend at the hair salon because of the recession, increasing numbers of Black women are opting to wear their natural hair, adopt a DIY look, or opt for cheaper options–trends that have been a few of several factors in the closing of Black hair salons across the country.
Black salons have survived for decades by doing what they do best–hair–and many have offered the same types of services for years. But just because Black hair (and our pockets) are going through a major transformation doesn’t mean that our salons can’t be a part of the process.
regularly advertise and offer more specials.
Read more and view a slide presentation at Black Enterprise.
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'The Martian': 'Love Letter to Science' -- Matt Damon
- The Film Strip: New York Comic Con Tickets Going Fast
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Daniele Watts & Boyfriend Sentenced
- Shocking! How BGF Members Made $20K a Month in Jail
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here