*(Via Black Enterprise) Besides having fewer funds available to spend at the hair salon because of the recession, increasing numbers of Black women are opting to wear their natural hair, adopt a DIY look, or opt for cheaper options–trends that have been a few of several factors in the closing of Black hair salons across the country.
Black salons have survived for decades by doing what they do best–hair–and many have offered the same types of services for years. But just because Black hair (and our pockets) are going through a major transformation doesn’t mean that our salons can’t be a part of the process.
regularly advertise and offer more specials.
Read more and view a slide presentation at Black Enterprise.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here