*Producer Teddy Riley has admitted he had to digitally enhance Michael Jackson’s voice on certain parts of the iconic singer’s new album Michael.
Riley admitted that Jackson’s pitch had been adjusted on a number of tracks, which had resulted in fans questioning whether it was actually Jackson singing on the album.
“I had to do more processing on the voice, which is why people were asking about the authenticity of his voice,” The Hollywood Reporter quotes Riley as saying. “We had to do what we had to do to make […] his voice work with the actual music.”
“We truly apologize for that happening, but you are still hearing the true Michael Jackson,” the producer added.
Riley was recently forced to defend the release of Michael Jackson’s first posthumous album after “Thriller” producer Quincy Jones, Black Eyed Peas frontman will.i.am and several Jackson family members slammed the decision to release unfinished work by the late singer.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince Offered to Mentor Chris Brown After Rihanna Incident
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Blake Shelton Curses Out Beyonce’s Country Haters (Watch)
- Report: Janet Jackson Pregnant With First Child at Nearly 50
- Radio Stations Nationwide to Simulcast Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ on Wed
- Woman Stabs Boyfriend For Not Getting Her a Valentine’s Gift (Video)
- Attorney for Prince's Addiction Specialist Explains Pills Found in His Medical Bag (Watch)
- The 15th Annual East Coast Black Age of Comics Convention in Philly
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here