*Chuck Berry was helped off the stage during a New Years Day performance in Chicago after falling ill from exhaustion. According to reports, the artist is now recovering at home in St. Louis and is doing Ok.
The 84-year-old Rock-n-Roll legend slumped over a keyboard during the show before being taken off stage. He then attempted to resume the show a few minutes later for a packed house that night, but he couldn’t stand it. He was again escorted right off stage and checked by paramedics.
“All I know is he felt faint, he felt weak, and I was told to call 911,” said Michael Petryshyn, the concert’s promoter, backstage after Berry’s departure.
Berry had been all over lately, performing regularly in his hometown, St. Louis.
“I’m sorry to see his health be in that shape,” said Vijay Tellis-Nayak, Berry’s piano player. “He obviously loves performing. The music is still there. It’s hard to see his health deteriorating. He may be working harder than he should.”
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here