*Chuck Berry was helped off the stage during a New Years Day performance in Chicago after falling ill from exhaustion. According to reports, the artist is now recovering at home in St. Louis and is doing Ok.
The 84-year-old Rock-n-Roll legend slumped over a keyboard during the show before being taken off stage. He then attempted to resume the show a few minutes later for a packed house that night, but he couldn’t stand it. He was again escorted right off stage and checked by paramedics.
“All I know is he felt faint, he felt weak, and I was told to call 911,” said Michael Petryshyn, the concert’s promoter, backstage after Berry’s departure.
Berry had been all over lately, performing regularly in his hometown, St. Louis.
“I’m sorry to see his health be in that shape,” said Vijay Tellis-Nayak, Berry’s piano player. “He obviously loves performing. The music is still there. It’s hard to see his health deteriorating. He may be working harder than he should.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Malcolm Jamal Warner: ‘Cosby Show’ Legacy ‘Tarnished’ by Bill Cosby (Watch)
- Raven Symone Says She Wouldn't Hire Someone With Ethnic Sounding Name; #BlackTwitter Pounces
- What Happened to US Government Employee Kanika Powell?
- Danny Glover Joins Gabrielle Union's ‘A Meyer’s Christmas’; Ernie Hudson Added to ‘Graves’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here