*Chuck Berry was helped off the stage during a New Years Day performance in Chicago after falling ill from exhaustion. According to reports, the artist is now recovering at home in St. Louis and is doing Ok.
The 84-year-old Rock-n-Roll legend slumped over a keyboard during the show before being taken off stage. He then attempted to resume the show a few minutes later for a packed house that night, but he couldn’t stand it. He was again escorted right off stage and checked by paramedics.
“All I know is he felt faint, he felt weak, and I was told to call 911,” said Michael Petryshyn, the concert’s promoter, backstage after Berry’s departure.
Berry had been all over lately, performing regularly in his hometown, St. Louis.
“I’m sorry to see his health be in that shape,” said Vijay Tellis-Nayak, Berry’s piano player. “He obviously loves performing. The music is still there. It’s hard to see his health deteriorating. He may be working harder than he should.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Master P's Ex Has 'Stripper' Goals - Meet Ayesha Curry's Alter Ego
- First Footage & New Character Pics from Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez On Me' (Watch)
- Pink Recalls the Time Prince Rejected Her Duet Request: 'I Told Him He Was a Rude F**k'
- New Trailer: Barack and Michelle's First Date in ‘Southside With You’
- Usher’s Snapchat Fail Results in Inadvertent D*** Pic
- NFL’s DeAndre Levy Urges Fellow Athletes to ‘Man Up’ Against Sexual Assault
- Urban Prep’s Entire Senior Class College Bound for 7th Consecutive Year
- Baltimore's Fox45 News Station Evacuated after Bomb Threat
- Tracy Morgan Says Prince Music 'Taught Me How to Be Gentle'
- Viola Davis Inks Production Deal with ABC Studios
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here