*Chuck Berry was helped off the stage during a New Years Day performance in Chicago after falling ill from exhaustion. According to reports, the artist is now recovering at home in St. Louis and is doing Ok.
The 84-year-old Rock-n-Roll legend slumped over a keyboard during the show before being taken off stage. He then attempted to resume the show a few minutes later for a packed house that night, but he couldn’t stand it. He was again escorted right off stage and checked by paramedics.
“All I know is he felt faint, he felt weak, and I was told to call 911,” said Michael Petryshyn, the concert’s promoter, backstage after Berry’s departure.
Berry had been all over lately, performing regularly in his hometown, St. Louis.
“I’m sorry to see his health be in that shape,” said Vijay Tellis-Nayak, Berry’s piano player. “He obviously loves performing. The music is still there. It’s hard to see his health deteriorating. He may be working harder than he should.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Baby Fat Shamed As 'Stuff Curry' Becomes Internet Favorite
- PA Judge Rules Bill Cosby Trial Can Proceed on All Charges
- Prince Fans Confused After Minnesota Declares ‘Beyonce Day’
- Bishop Eddie Long To Discuss Struggles During Sex Scandal on ‘Steve Harvey’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here