*Chuck Berry was helped off the stage during a New Years Day performance in Chicago after falling ill from exhaustion. According to reports, the artist is now recovering at home in St. Louis and is doing Ok.
The 84-year-old Rock-n-Roll legend slumped over a keyboard during the show before being taken off stage. He then attempted to resume the show a few minutes later for a packed house that night, but he couldn’t stand it. He was again escorted right off stage and checked by paramedics.
“All I know is he felt faint, he felt weak, and I was told to call 911,” said Michael Petryshyn, the concert’s promoter, backstage after Berry’s departure.
Berry had been all over lately, performing regularly in his hometown, St. Louis.
“I’m sorry to see his health be in that shape,” said Vijay Tellis-Nayak, Berry’s piano player. “He obviously loves performing. The music is still there. It’s hard to see his health deteriorating. He may be working harder than he should.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- THE (06-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here