*Big Boi has a new job with Crown Royal. He’ll be the new spokesman for the company’s premium liquor, Crown Royal Black. The Oukast rapper celebrated the new venture at Anchor Bar in New York City.
“I chose it for the simple fact [that] my grandfather used to drink it,” said Big Boi when asked why he aligned with Crown Royal. “One of my earliest memories of Crown Royal is the purple bag with the gold writing on it. My granddaddy used to have about $100 worth of change in there…me and my brothers and my cousins used to go and get the change and take it to the candy lady. Once I got a little older and got the history of the drink and that it was tailor made to royalty, that was right up my alley. It’s a cool playa type drink. I like to endorse products that I actually use.”
He strutted at the party in Crown Royal inspired apparel, including his custom designed Crown Royal Black bag embellished with the Sir Lucious Leftfoot crest.
At the party, Big Boi revealed that he’s working on a follow-up album to his ridiculously successful “Sir Lucious Leftfoot: The Son of Chico Dusty.”
It’s a funk crusade man,” said Big Boi excitedly of his next project. “The whole thing is really about just putting out good music. Being that a lot of music don’t get the exposure it’s supposed to get, you gotta stay online, stay on the conveyor belt and it’s quality over quantity. The next album is coming, I’m five, six songs into it.”
The new title is “Daddy Fat Sax: Soul Funk Crusader.” It’s bound to be another winner.
In the midst of it all, Outkast is never complete without the other half, Andre 3000. He didn’t mention an album together, but he did say his other half will be dropping an album pretty soon. However, there is some hope for another Outkast production.
“Just like Area 51, everybody wants to know,” he said. “It’s top secret. We made a pact, we can’t even say nothing until it’s about that time. Just know that 3000 coming next, and you just gotta stay tuned.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here