*After a video went viral of Dr. Dre seemingly announcing an April 20 release date for his long-awaited “Detox,” a rep for the rapper/producer told MTV News that the clip wasn’t referring to the album’s arrival.
What exactly Dre was referring to was still unclear at press time, MTV reported.
In November, Dre’s first single, “Kush,” hit the Web and was soon followed by a potential follow-up, the Eminem-assisted “I Need a Doctor.”
A month later, Dre premiered the video for “Kush” featuring Snoop Dogg and Akon. The clip, along with a cover story in the latest issue of hip-hop magazine XXL, seemed to confirm that the album was finally slated for release.
The producer’s penchant for perfectionism has long been the reason for the delay of “Detox,” which will be Dre’s first album since his 2001 LP in 1999.
“[I’m] trying to put it out by the end of the fall,” Dre said in an interview this past summer about Detox. “Trying to give everybody what they’ve been waitin’ for and make sure they’re not disappointed; that’s all I’m doing.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here