*After a video went viral of Dr. Dre seemingly announcing an April 20 release date for his long-awaited “Detox,” a rep for the rapper/producer told MTV News that the clip wasn’t referring to the album’s arrival.
What exactly Dre was referring to was still unclear at press time, MTV reported.
In November, Dre’s first single, “Kush,” hit the Web and was soon followed by a potential follow-up, the Eminem-assisted “I Need a Doctor.”
A month later, Dre premiered the video for “Kush” featuring Snoop Dogg and Akon. The clip, along with a cover story in the latest issue of hip-hop magazine XXL, seemed to confirm that the album was finally slated for release.
The producer’s penchant for perfectionism has long been the reason for the delay of “Detox,” which will be Dre’s first album since his 2001 LP in 1999.
“[I’m] trying to put it out by the end of the fall,” Dre said in an interview this past summer about Detox. “Trying to give everybody what they’ve been waitin’ for and make sure they’re not disappointed; that’s all I’m doing.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Zoe Saldana Inks Deal to Create Digital Shows for Millennial Mothers
- This Landlord Will Only Rent To Tenants With Pit Bulls
- Warren Sapp Pleads Guilty to Domestic Violence, Avoids Jail
- Man Sentenced to 20 Years in One Court, Then Leaves to Marry Girlfriend in Another
- Joseph Patterson Convicted in Death of Adrian Peterson's Son
- 'Family Feud': Sexually Provocative Q&As Have Viewers Alarmed (WATCH)
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Jerrod Carmichael: New Onyx Phone Makes Filming Police Brutality Easy (WATCH)
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here