*After a video went viral of Dr. Dre seemingly announcing an April 20 release date for his long-awaited “Detox,” a rep for the rapper/producer told MTV News that the clip wasn’t referring to the album’s arrival.
What exactly Dre was referring to was still unclear at press time, MTV reported.
In November, Dre’s first single, “Kush,” hit the Web and was soon followed by a potential follow-up, the Eminem-assisted “I Need a Doctor.”
A month later, Dre premiered the video for “Kush” featuring Snoop Dogg and Akon. The clip, along with a cover story in the latest issue of hip-hop magazine XXL, seemed to confirm that the album was finally slated for release.
The producer’s penchant for perfectionism has long been the reason for the delay of “Detox,” which will be Dre’s first album since his 2001 LP in 1999.
“[I’m] trying to put it out by the end of the fall,” Dre said in an interview this past summer about Detox. “Trying to give everybody what they’ve been waitin’ for and make sure they’re not disappointed; that’s all I’m doing.”
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- RGIII Gets Standing Ovation at Redskins Event
- Watch ‘Melville’, the SXSW Short Michael Strahan is Developing for TV
- AcaciaTV Strives To Increase Diversity In Fitness Videos, Training
- Meet New 'Daily Show' Correspondent Roy Wood Jr. (Video)
- The Isley Brothers’ Essential Library - 23-CD Box Set Collection is Historic
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here