*After a video went viral of Dr. Dre seemingly announcing an April 20 release date for his long-awaited “Detox,” a rep for the rapper/producer told MTV News that the clip wasn’t referring to the album’s arrival.
What exactly Dre was referring to was still unclear at press time, MTV reported.
In November, Dre’s first single, “Kush,” hit the Web and was soon followed by a potential follow-up, the Eminem-assisted “I Need a Doctor.”
A month later, Dre premiered the video for “Kush” featuring Snoop Dogg and Akon. The clip, along with a cover story in the latest issue of hip-hop magazine XXL, seemed to confirm that the album was finally slated for release.
The producer’s penchant for perfectionism has long been the reason for the delay of “Detox,” which will be Dre’s first album since his 2001 LP in 1999.
“[I’m] trying to put it out by the end of the fall,” Dre said in an interview this past summer about Detox. “Trying to give everybody what they’ve been waitin’ for and make sure they’re not disappointed; that’s all I’m doing.”
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here