*After a video went viral of Dr. Dre seemingly announcing an April 20 release date for his long-awaited “Detox,” a rep for the rapper/producer told MTV News that the clip wasn’t referring to the album’s arrival.
What exactly Dre was referring to was still unclear at press time, MTV reported.
In November, Dre’s first single, “Kush,” hit the Web and was soon followed by a potential follow-up, the Eminem-assisted “I Need a Doctor.”
A month later, Dre premiered the video for “Kush” featuring Snoop Dogg and Akon. The clip, along with a cover story in the latest issue of hip-hop magazine XXL, seemed to confirm that the album was finally slated for release.
The producer’s penchant for perfectionism has long been the reason for the delay of “Detox,” which will be Dre’s first album since his 2001 LP in 1999.
“[I’m] trying to put it out by the end of the fall,” Dre said in an interview this past summer about Detox. “Trying to give everybody what they’ve been waitin’ for and make sure they’re not disappointed; that’s all I’m doing.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- 2 Chainz’s #IsThisYoThot? Lawsuit Thrown Out by Judge
- Daniel ‘Boobie’ Gibson Reacts to Keyshia Cole’s Engagement Tweet (Pic)
- Photo of Dog With Mouth Taped Shut on Facebook, Leads to Arrest of NC Woman
- Donovan McNabb Begins 18-Day Jail Sentence in Arizona
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here