*Legendary singer Etta James, 72, is gravely ill and husband wants control of her money by seeking a court order from the state of California, reports the Riverside Press-Enterprise newspaper.
According to court documents, the singer lives in the Woodcrest area of Riverside County and has been diagnosed with dementia and is undergoing treatment for leukemia.
Beverly Hills Dr. Elaine James, who isn’t related, says in court documents that the singer cannot sign her name and she needs help with feeding, dressing and hygiene.
The paper says a court hearing Friday will consider a bid by her husband of 41 years, Artis Mills, to control her finances.
The “At Last” singer already gave power of attorney to sons Donto James and Sametto James, and Donto’s wife Christy, in February 2008. Mills is challenging the power of attorney.
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here