*Legendary singer Etta James, 72, is gravely ill and husband wants control of her money by seeking a court order from the state of California, reports the Riverside Press-Enterprise newspaper.
According to court documents, the singer lives in the Woodcrest area of Riverside County and has been diagnosed with dementia and is undergoing treatment for leukemia.
Beverly Hills Dr. Elaine James, who isn’t related, says in court documents that the singer cannot sign her name and she needs help with feeding, dressing and hygiene.
The paper says a court hearing Friday will consider a bid by her husband of 41 years, Artis Mills, to control her finances.
The “At Last” singer already gave power of attorney to sons Donto James and Sametto James, and Donto’s wife Christy, in February 2008. Mills is challenging the power of attorney.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- FAMU Grad Single Mom (Taylor Hunter) Testament to Power of Perseverance
- THE (05-05-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EURweb.com Partners with Blackmon Entertainment Media on Exclusive New Media Licensing Deal
- It's GAME Time! Says Fashion Accessory Brand, Sprayground
- Trump Takes GOP Nomination; Will Black America Listen to His Presidential Plan? (Video)
- Afrika Bambaataa Now Accused of Molesting Hundreds of Boys
- Prince Offered to Mentor Chris Brown After Rihanna Incident
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here