*Legendary singer Etta James, 72, is gravely ill and husband wants control of her money by seeking a court order from the state of California, reports the Riverside Press-Enterprise newspaper.
According to court documents, the singer lives in the Woodcrest area of Riverside County and has been diagnosed with dementia and is undergoing treatment for leukemia.
Beverly Hills Dr. Elaine James, who isn’t related, says in court documents that the singer cannot sign her name and she needs help with feeding, dressing and hygiene.
The paper says a court hearing Friday will consider a bid by her husband of 41 years, Artis Mills, to control her finances.
The “At Last” singer already gave power of attorney to sons Donto James and Sametto James, and Donto’s wife Christy, in February 2008. Mills is challenging the power of attorney.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here