*Legendary singer Etta James, 72, is gravely ill and husband wants control of her money by seeking a court order from the state of California, reports the Riverside Press-Enterprise newspaper.
According to court documents, the singer lives in the Woodcrest area of Riverside County and has been diagnosed with dementia and is undergoing treatment for leukemia.
Beverly Hills Dr. Elaine James, who isn’t related, says in court documents that the singer cannot sign her name and she needs help with feeding, dressing and hygiene.
The paper says a court hearing Friday will consider a bid by her husband of 41 years, Artis Mills, to control her finances.
The “At Last” singer already gave power of attorney to sons Donto James and Sametto James, and Donto’s wife Christy, in February 2008. Mills is challenging the power of attorney.
- Lee Daniels, L.A. Reid to Speak at Mariah Carey’s Hollywood Star Ceremony
- Chicago Police Tow Car With Deceased Bodies Inside...Public Raises Hell! (Watch)
- Cops Kept Rihanna from Performing Free Freddie Gray Concert
- Steven Ivory: GOP and Trump—Pot, Meet Kettle
- Report: Whitney Decides Where Fortune Goes; Bobby Screwed
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Ralkina Jones: 3rd Black Woman in Two Weeks to Die in Jail Cell
- Rapper Styles P Reveals Daughter Committed Suicide
- Hulk Hogan Wonders Why Obama Can Use N-Word and Not Him in Retweet
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here