*Maureen Namirembe’s life story is an account of survival and perseverance in the face of extreme adversity and heartbreak.
Her book, “Happiness is Calling You,” is Maureen’s account of the many obstacles, tragedies and sorrows that she overcame while growing in one of Uganda’s bloodiest conflicts.
Maureen grew up in Uganda during the country’s most turbulent and dangerous time.
Her childhood was fraught with tragedy and loss. Many of her friends and family disappeared or were killed over a span of only a few years. Soldiers stalked her neighbourhood looking for young children to press into their armed gangs. Rape, murder and bloodshed were all a part of her daily life. Uganda’s Civil War and the widespread heartbreak associated with the conflict defined the country while she was a child.
She was born under the regime of Idi Amin, the Dictator. At the time, the country was plagued by ethnic persecution and extrajudicial killings. The number of people killed as a result of his regime is unknown, but estimates ranges from 100,000 to 500,000.
Maureen was raised by her grandmother and cousin. Her mother died when she was only twelve. Though she could have her past define her, Maureen rose above the challenges and obstacles in her life to become an inspiration to those in despair and pain.
Living in Montreal and writing for over twenty years, she wanted to share her story with others. Facing her childhood memories and recounting them for the readers was one of the hardest experiences faced when writing her book. She chose to share the experiences and stories that she felt could inspire others to find the happiness that is missing in their lives.
Her ability to rise above several humanitarian disasters will become an inspiration to those who are struggling to overcome their own obstacles in life.
When faced with difficult, trying situations, individuals have the power to choose. They can falter, succumbing to the obstacles that are challenging their very own existence, or they can confront these hurdles, using them to change their life forever.
This is the essential lesson to be taken from “Happiness is Calling You” which will guide readers to solve problems big and small and allow them to move forward in life.
Her positive message of hope and love will inspire people to live their life to the fullest.
Pierre Dore, VP
Akiiki Publishing Corp
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- RHOA Fight: Cynthia Bailey Kicked Porsha Williams in the Stomach (Report)
- James Bond Author Now ‘Sorry’ for Calling Idris Elba ‘Too Street’
- Janet Jackson Drops Missy Elliott Collabo at ‘Unbreakable’ Tour Launch (Clips)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here