*It’s damage control time for Omarion. The 26-year-old singer/dancer has had to interrupt his Saturday to make a special announcement to counter and earlier bogus announcement that said he was coming out of the closet.
Several blogs took the bait and published the phony release that claimed he was formally announcing that he is “bisexual”
The unedited press release read:
“I pride myself in being an honest, God Fearing, respectful man. I have kept my personal life private and wanted to keep it that way. Unfortunately, others are interested in profiting from my anguish; so before they can do that, I will clarify things. I am not at all what certain ex-band members are trying to paint me as, I am however a respectable, mature, proud, bisexual man.”
Blackvoices.com’s Jawn Murray is reporting that the fake press announcement was attributed to Sharron Wright at Sony Music, but points out that Omarion (real name: Omari Ishmael Grandberry) hasn’t been on that label since April of 2008.
Francoise Blachette of The Purple Agency, who currently reps Omarion, promptly responded to BlackVoices’ inquiry:
“The previously released statement regarding Omarion is false and was generated for negative publicity by an unknown person. Omarion will not contribute to anything negative said or done against him. Omarion respects all of his fans, no matter religion, sexuality, or race,” she said in a statement.
Omarion also wanted folks to hear directly from regarding the matter, so he sent out this tweet:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here