*Joan Rivers may have stepped out of line when she called First Lady Michelle Obama Blackie-O… Yeah she said it.
But she didn’t say it … at least publicly … when she wanted to.
She said she left the joke by the wayside in her stand-up comedy routine because she feared she’d be called a racist.
We learned this when she was on the Howard Stern radio show. She said, “We used to have Jackie O now we have Blackie O!”
Rivers then attempted to make up for the seemingly questionable comment saying:
“I thought it was a funny complimentary joke when she first came (to the White House),” the 77-year-old comedienne told Stern. “I think it’s an adorable joke… I thought it was a compliment!”
However, everyone was not as impressed. Robyn Quivers laughed a little, then proceeded to question the comedienne about her real motive.
“Where’s the compliment in that? I’m looking and looking, I’m trying to find it,” Quivers asked Joan.
“They said you can’t say that,” Joan admitted.
Listen to the conversation here:
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here