*Kelly Price, a veteran voice in the industry, commented recently about Jazmine Sullivan’s decision to take a break from music. Price gave a few words of wisdom, being that she’s seen it all and been through it all since her start as a teen in the music business.
“The very first thing I said when I heard that is she needs some different people around her,” Kelly Price tells Singersroom.com. “She is one of the most incredibly gifted people that we’ve had in this new wave of singers. She’s one the most memorable vocalists in this era of singers.”
She continued saying:
“It does get difficult because she does have to contest with the fact that she has a voice that is in fact a ‘voice. It’s not typical, it’s not common, it’s very unique; she’s not cookie-cutter; you can’t duplicate what she does just by going and picking some other kid off the street and say I want you to do what Jazmine Sullivan does.”
Price obviously understands the challenges and even the stresses her young peer is going through right now. Her encouragement is for her to just keeping doing what she does best and be comfortable being the woman she is living in her own skin.
“She needs to sing what’s in her heart; she needs to sing what’s in her soul.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here