*Lauryn Hill has angered her fans for the second time in a month, after keeping an audience waiting for three hours in Atlanta and changing the arrangement of her songs beyond recognition, according to witnesses.
Her start time at Center Stage was supposed to be 9 p.m. on Friday (Jan 14), but she didn’t begin her performance until midnight. The singer then declared she was tired of “playing the same music night after night” and performed several unfamiliar versions of her hit songs.
One fan told Sandrarose.com, “Nobody could participate because NOBODY knew the music! Everybody was looking around like ‘What Song Is This?’ [Listen to her new arrangement of “Lost Ones” below.]
“It was new music completely. The lyrics were the same, but you had to be on ecstasy to follow the music!… Everybody just stood there with their arms folded. It was a waste of money, and a waste of time. If she did another show in Atlanta, no one would come!”
A number of fans booed, while others walked out, according to the unnamed audience member, who adds, “They didn’t walk out – they stomped out!”
Last month, Hill, who is touring small venues across the U.S., annoyed concert-goers at a show in New York by keeping fans waiting for almost four hours…then telling them she was “worth the wait.'”
Below, a positive reaction from the Center Stage crowd to at least one performance.
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Michael K. Williams Joins ‘Ghostbusters’ All-Female Remake
- Tami Roman Says Shaunie O’Neal Will ‘Pop Off’ on ‘BBWLA’ This Season (Watch)
- Fo Yo Soul Recordings/RCA Signs Christon Gray
- Nick Gordon Hires Casey Anthony’s Lawyer
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here