*Lauryn Hill has angered her fans for the second time in a month, after keeping an audience waiting for three hours in Atlanta and changing the arrangement of her songs beyond recognition, according to witnesses.
Her start time at Center Stage was supposed to be 9 p.m. on Friday (Jan 14), but she didn’t begin her performance until midnight. The singer then declared she was tired of “playing the same music night after night” and performed several unfamiliar versions of her hit songs.
One fan told Sandrarose.com, “Nobody could participate because NOBODY knew the music! Everybody was looking around like ‘What Song Is This?’ [Listen to her new arrangement of “Lost Ones” below.]
“It was new music completely. The lyrics were the same, but you had to be on ecstasy to follow the music!… Everybody just stood there with their arms folded. It was a waste of money, and a waste of time. If she did another show in Atlanta, no one would come!”
A number of fans booed, while others walked out, according to the unnamed audience member, who adds, “They didn’t walk out – they stomped out!”
Last month, Hill, who is touring small venues across the U.S., annoyed concert-goers at a show in New York by keeping fans waiting for almost four hours…then telling them she was “worth the wait.'”
Below, a positive reaction from the Center Stage crowd to at least one performance.
- The Second Deadly Assault on Sandra Bland
- Troubling: Two Officers Corroborated Killer Cop's False Account of DuBose Killing
- Audio Interview: Basketball and Art Unite to Inspire Youth Life Skills (Listen)
- Your MISSION: Laser Tag
- Kim Kimble, Celebrity Hairstylist Panelists at Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo~Aug 1&2@The Reef
- THE (07-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Black Comedienne to Compete on New Season of 'Last Comic Standing' (WATCH)
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here