*Lauryn Hill has angered her fans for the second time in a month, after keeping an audience waiting for three hours in Atlanta and changing the arrangement of her songs beyond recognition, according to witnesses.
Her start time at Center Stage was supposed to be 9 p.m. on Friday (Jan 14), but she didn’t begin her performance until midnight. The singer then declared she was tired of “playing the same music night after night” and performed several unfamiliar versions of her hit songs.
One fan told Sandrarose.com, “Nobody could participate because NOBODY knew the music! Everybody was looking around like ‘What Song Is This?’ [Listen to her new arrangement of “Lost Ones” below.]
“It was new music completely. The lyrics were the same, but you had to be on ecstasy to follow the music!… Everybody just stood there with their arms folded. It was a waste of money, and a waste of time. If she did another show in Atlanta, no one would come!”
A number of fans booed, while others walked out, according to the unnamed audience member, who adds, “They didn’t walk out – they stomped out!”
Last month, Hill, who is touring small venues across the U.S., annoyed concert-goers at a show in New York by keeping fans waiting for almost four hours…then telling them she was “worth the wait.'”
Below, a positive reaction from the Center Stage crowd to at least one performance.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here