*Rhymefest has finally jumped over the hurdles of insults, opponent comments and doubts in order to finally run for an alderman position in Chicago’s 20th Ward.
Born Che Smith, the new political candidate is running in the February election.
Some of his opponents, of course have been attempting to find dirt on his name and ways to tarnish it. Some questioned his residency in Chicago and claimed he was not a competent candidate due to his Hip Hop background.
“After all my opponents have attempted to do in the name of politics like challenging my name on the ballot we continue [to] overcome!” Rhymefest tweeted.
In the midst of it all, the rapper/politician has his share of supporters, including world-renowned scholar Cornel West.
“I am in his corner 155 percent on a scale of 100,” West states. “He has been fundamentally concerned with how to serve the people — you can serve artistically, religiously, politically.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Parking Lot Crowded, Can't Locate Your Car? Meet 'Zus'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here