*Rhymefest has finally jumped over the hurdles of insults, opponent comments and doubts in order to finally run for an alderman position in Chicago’s 20th Ward.
Born Che Smith, the new political candidate is running in the February election.
Some of his opponents, of course have been attempting to find dirt on his name and ways to tarnish it. Some questioned his residency in Chicago and claimed he was not a competent candidate due to his Hip Hop background.
“After all my opponents have attempted to do in the name of politics like challenging my name on the ballot we continue [to] overcome!” Rhymefest tweeted.
In the midst of it all, the rapper/politician has his share of supporters, including world-renowned scholar Cornel West.
“I am in his corner 155 percent on a scale of 100,” West states. “He has been fundamentally concerned with how to serve the people — you can serve artistically, religiously, politically.”
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Lester Holt Tops Ratings in 1st Week as Official ‘Nightly News’ Anchor
- First Look: Chiwetel Ejiofor, Julia Roberts in ‘Secret in Their Eyes’ (Trailer)
- Halle Berry on Leaving Modeling for Acting: ‘It Took Me Years to Build Respect’
- Victoria Rowell Wants Back on ‘The Young and the Restless’?
- Are We Bananas or is This Dude One Handsome Gorilla?
- Essence Expands Digital Programming with 'Live from the Essence Festival'
- Cops Called to Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Over Family Fights
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here