*Rhymefest has finally jumped over the hurdles of insults, opponent comments and doubts in order to finally run for an alderman position in Chicago’s 20th Ward.
Born Che Smith, the new political candidate is running in the February election.
Some of his opponents, of course have been attempting to find dirt on his name and ways to tarnish it. Some questioned his residency in Chicago and claimed he was not a competent candidate due to his Hip Hop background.
“After all my opponents have attempted to do in the name of politics like challenging my name on the ballot we continue [to] overcome!” Rhymefest tweeted.
In the midst of it all, the rapper/politician has his share of supporters, including world-renowned scholar Cornel West.
“I am in his corner 155 percent on a scale of 100,” West states. “He has been fundamentally concerned with how to serve the people — you can serve artistically, religiously, politically.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Drake Struggles With 'Work Banter' in Cut ‘SNL’ Sketch (Watch)
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Tyrese Gibson Back as Robert Epps for ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’
- Nate Parker to Receive Sundance Institute’s Vanguard Award
- Idris Elba, Freida Pinto Set for John Ridley’s Showtime Miniseries ‘Guerrilla’
- Serena Williams Advances to Second Round at Wimbledon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here