*After hearing reservations from Halle Berry about playing her on the big screen, Aretha Franklin hasn’t given up her pursuit of the Oscar winner.
During red carpet interviews for the Golden Globes several weeks ago, Berry repeatedly said she couldn’t play Franklin in a biopic about her life because she can’t “carry a tune.”
Franklin says that shouldn’t stop her from considering the part.
“Many actors have portrayed vocalists by lip-synching to the artist’s original recordings,” Franklin wrote in a letter read on the “Wendy Williams Show” Monday. [Watch below to hear Aretha’s entire letter.]
As previously reported, Berry joked to Access Hollywood’s” Shaun Robinson, “Somebody needs to tell ReRe I can’t sing!”
Wendy Williams, meanwhile, offered her two cents on who should play the Queen of Soul – suggesting Jennifer Hudson, Queen Latifah or Taraji P. Henson for the part.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Provocative New Ebook Details Trump and the GOP’s Race Baiting History and the White House Race
- Put the 'Black' Back in 'Black Friday'
- Kerry Washington Gives Props to her Hubby: ‘The Real Gladiator’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here