*After hearing reservations from Halle Berry about playing her on the big screen, Aretha Franklin hasn’t given up her pursuit of the Oscar winner.
During red carpet interviews for the Golden Globes several weeks ago, Berry repeatedly said she couldn’t play Franklin in a biopic about her life because she can’t “carry a tune.”
Franklin says that shouldn’t stop her from considering the part.
“Many actors have portrayed vocalists by lip-synching to the artist’s original recordings,” Franklin wrote in a letter read on the “Wendy Williams Show” Monday. [Watch below to hear Aretha’s entire letter.]
As previously reported, Berry joked to Access Hollywood’s” Shaun Robinson, “Somebody needs to tell ReRe I can’t sing!”
Wendy Williams, meanwhile, offered her two cents on who should play the Queen of Soul – suggesting Jennifer Hudson, Queen Latifah or Taraji P. Henson for the part.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-12-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Public Invited to Watch Kendrick Lamar Receive Key to the City of Compton
- Why Are (White) People Suddenly Afraid of Beyonce's Black Pride?
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Addresses Idris Elba's 'Beasts' Oscar Snub
- Aaron Neville Brings His Quintet to Santa Monica ... and Shares His 'True Story' With EURweb
- For My Animal Loving Friends, Check Out This Unlikely Pair! (Watch)
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here