*After hearing reservations from Halle Berry about playing her on the big screen, Aretha Franklin hasn’t given up her pursuit of the Oscar winner.
During red carpet interviews for the Golden Globes several weeks ago, Berry repeatedly said she couldn’t play Franklin in a biopic about her life because she can’t “carry a tune.”
Franklin says that shouldn’t stop her from considering the part.
“Many actors have portrayed vocalists by lip-synching to the artist’s original recordings,” Franklin wrote in a letter read on the “Wendy Williams Show” Monday. [Watch below to hear Aretha’s entire letter.]
As previously reported, Berry joked to Access Hollywood’s” Shaun Robinson, “Somebody needs to tell ReRe I can’t sing!”
Wendy Williams, meanwhile, offered her two cents on who should play the Queen of Soul – suggesting Jennifer Hudson, Queen Latifah or Taraji P. Henson for the part.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Oprah's Convo with T. D. Jakes About Mega Church Series 'Greenleaf' (Photos)
- George Zimmerman Brags About Selling Gun That Killed Trayvon
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Angela Simmons Confirms Pregnancy: 'We Are Overjoyed'
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here