*After hearing reservations from Halle Berry about playing her on the big screen, Aretha Franklin hasn’t given up her pursuit of the Oscar winner.
During red carpet interviews for the Golden Globes several weeks ago, Berry repeatedly said she couldn’t play Franklin in a biopic about her life because she can’t “carry a tune.”
Franklin says that shouldn’t stop her from considering the part.
“Many actors have portrayed vocalists by lip-synching to the artist’s original recordings,” Franklin wrote in a letter read on the “Wendy Williams Show” Monday. [Watch below to hear Aretha’s entire letter.]
As previously reported, Berry joked to Access Hollywood’s” Shaun Robinson, “Somebody needs to tell ReRe I can’t sing!”
Wendy Williams, meanwhile, offered her two cents on who should play the Queen of Soul – suggesting Jennifer Hudson, Queen Latifah or Taraji P. Henson for the part.
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Mariah Carey to Direct Hallmark Film, Sets NYC Xmas Shows, European Tour
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here