*After hearing reservations from Halle Berry about playing her on the big screen, Aretha Franklin hasn’t given up her pursuit of the Oscar winner.
During red carpet interviews for the Golden Globes several weeks ago, Berry repeatedly said she couldn’t play Franklin in a biopic about her life because she can’t “carry a tune.”
Franklin says that shouldn’t stop her from considering the part.
“Many actors have portrayed vocalists by lip-synching to the artist’s original recordings,” Franklin wrote in a letter read on the “Wendy Williams Show” Monday. [Watch below to hear Aretha’s entire letter.]
As previously reported, Berry joked to Access Hollywood’s” Shaun Robinson, “Somebody needs to tell ReRe I can’t sing!”
Wendy Williams, meanwhile, offered her two cents on who should play the Queen of Soul – suggesting Jennifer Hudson, Queen Latifah or Taraji P. Henson for the part.
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Pitbull Announces Date of His ‘Empire’ Episode and Jussie Smollett Duet (Listen)
- Watch Chilling New Trailer for Idris Elba’s ‘Beasts of No Nation’
- EUR Q&A: Carl Pittman, Black Conservative, 'Offended' By Black Lives Matter
- Dennis Haysbert to Voice NBC’s ‘Meet the Press’ Intro
- 50 Cent On Verge of Getting Electricity Shut Off?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here