*Once again the LAPD is in a pickle over the shooting death of a black man and an LAPD officer.
Two things make this case even more controversial. The dead man, Reginald Doucet Jr., 25 (pictured), was not only unarmed, but he was naked. The officer who fired the fatal shots is black also.
Then incident happened early Friday morning. After a night of partying too hard in Hollywood, Doucet took a cab home, but when he arrived at his tony Playa Vista apartment, he didn’t have any cash. To prove to the cab driver that he would return, he took his clothes off. Unfortunately things only got worse from there. He was locked out of his apartment and reportedly started yelling and acting erratically.
The cab driver called the police, and things escalated from there. A police officer with only 17 months on the force shot Doucet. He died at the hospital.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-26-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EUR on the Scene: 2nd Annual Alma Del Barrio Salsa Festival
- People of Note: Paying Tribute to Michael
- The Legend Continues Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here