*Aretha Franklin says she’s back at “150 percent” and has announced the date of her first scheduled concert to take place since undergoing surgery.
Franklin said in an interview Wednesday with The Associated Press that she’s set to perform at the Seneca Niagara Casino in Buffalo, N.Y., on May 28. It’s the same month that she said her new album “Aretha: A Woman Falling Out of Love” becomes available in Wal-Mart Stores.
The Queen of Soul had surgery in December for an undisclosed ailment. Some reports claimed it was a procedure to treat pancreatic cancer (reports she has outright denied) while other talk has suggested she suffered severe complications from gastric bypass surgery. Franklin has opted not to disclose the exact nature of her operation.
The 68-year-old has since revamped her diet, giving up her beloved chitterlings, pigs’ feet and ham hocks in favor of a Whole Foods-type diet, reports the AP.
As seen in her videotaped Grammy appearance, she’s lost weight and hopes to get down to a size 16.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- What Mariah Carey Wore to ‘Live with Kelly’s’ Daytime Pajama Party (Watch)
- Pics Surface of Alleged Khloe Kardashian/Odell Beckham Jr. Hookup at Drake's Party
- Why Alicia Keys is Not Wearing Makeup These Days
- Chuck D, B-Real, Tom Morello Form New Band 'Prophets of Rage'
- Dez Bryant Salutes Spelling Bee Co-Champ Who Threw His ‘X’ Sign
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder
- Comedian George Wallace: 'The Black But Equal Thing Don't Work for Us' [EUR EXCLUSIVE]
- Race and Cancer Survival: Blacks Less Likely to Survive (Writer Shares Personal Experience)
- Why Millions Would Join a Gorilla’s Lives Matter but Not Black Lives Matter
- Minor League Baseball Team to Honor Prince in Special 'Purple Game, Purple Game'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here