*Aretha Franklin says she’s back at “150 percent” and has announced the date of her first scheduled concert to take place since undergoing surgery.
Franklin said in an interview Wednesday with The Associated Press that she’s set to perform at the Seneca Niagara Casino in Buffalo, N.Y., on May 28. It’s the same month that she said her new album “Aretha: A Woman Falling Out of Love” becomes available in Wal-Mart Stores.
The Queen of Soul had surgery in December for an undisclosed ailment. Some reports claimed it was a procedure to treat pancreatic cancer (reports she has outright denied) while other talk has suggested she suffered severe complications from gastric bypass surgery. Franklin has opted not to disclose the exact nature of her operation.
The 68-year-old has since revamped her diet, giving up her beloved chitterlings, pigs’ feet and ham hocks in favor of a Whole Foods-type diet, reports the AP.
As seen in her videotaped Grammy appearance, she’s lost weight and hopes to get down to a size 16.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here