*More family drama for Halle Berry.
Her estranged half-sister has now come forward to say the Oscar winner has cut herself off from her father’s side of the family.
Renee Berry, 51, is the daughter of Halle’s late African-American father Jerome Berry and Edwina Taylor – who broke up with him shortly before he started dating the actress’ mother Judith Hawkins.
Although Jerome and Judith split up when Halle was just four years old, Renee says she remained “very close” to the future Hollywood star while they were growing up.
But apparently, things have changed.
“I’m sad to say it seems like she does not want anything to do with us. I have not spoken to her in about five years, Renee told the Daily Mirror. “I tried to contact her through her website, to congratulate her on her Oscar, but no one got back to me.”
“We would love to meet Nahla, Renee continued. “We are desperate to understand why Halle is so upset, why she feels she cannot be with us.”
Renee, currently working in the food service industry in Alabama, claims Halle was angry with her when she made a public plea to visit Jerome when he was dying from Parkinson’s Disease.
In interviews over the years, Halle has alleged Jerome was a violent alcoholic who beat her mother Judith in front of her and sister Heidi. In an interview two years ago, Halle said: ‘I saw my mother battered, and could not do anything to stop it. My father was tyrannical, lashing out at her for no reason. I felt the effects that had on our family – I’ve experienced what these women have gone through.”
Despite Halle’s negative memories of her childhood with Jerome, Renee paints a very different picture of their father as a “good man.”
“My father never beat any of us. He would spank us from time to time, but he never abused us,” said Renee. “He liked a drink or two, like anyone else does, but he was not an alcoholic.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Stars Come Out for TV One's New Series 'Here We Go Again' in Atlanta (Pics)
- Overbrook Entertainment (Will Smith's Co.) 'Lacks Diversity' (Watch)
- The Socialist's Journal: The Problem for Democrats
- Ex-NFLer Bill Romanowski Calls Cam Newton ‘Boy’ in Racist Rant, Later Apologizes
- Breaking Down America's Wealth in Black and White
- Ciara Files to Sue Future for $15 Million
- New Reports Puts When and How Much Porn Americans Watch on Blast
- Rudy Giuliani Accuses Beyoncé of Attacking Police with Super Bowl Performance
- THE (02-09-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here