*More family drama for Halle Berry.
Her estranged half-sister has now come forward to say the Oscar winner has cut herself off from her father’s side of the family.
Renee Berry, 51, is the daughter of Halle’s late African-American father Jerome Berry and Edwina Taylor – who broke up with him shortly before he started dating the actress’ mother Judith Hawkins.
Although Jerome and Judith split up when Halle was just four years old, Renee says she remained “very close” to the future Hollywood star while they were growing up.
But apparently, things have changed.
“I’m sad to say it seems like she does not want anything to do with us. I have not spoken to her in about five years, Renee told the Daily Mirror. “I tried to contact her through her website, to congratulate her on her Oscar, but no one got back to me.”
“We would love to meet Nahla, Renee continued. “We are desperate to understand why Halle is so upset, why she feels she cannot be with us.”
Renee, currently working in the food service industry in Alabama, claims Halle was angry with her when she made a public plea to visit Jerome when he was dying from Parkinson’s Disease.
In interviews over the years, Halle has alleged Jerome was a violent alcoholic who beat her mother Judith in front of her and sister Heidi. In an interview two years ago, Halle said: ‘I saw my mother battered, and could not do anything to stop it. My father was tyrannical, lashing out at her for no reason. I felt the effects that had on our family – I’ve experienced what these women have gone through.”
Despite Halle’s negative memories of her childhood with Jerome, Renee paints a very different picture of their father as a “good man.”
“My father never beat any of us. He would spank us from time to time, but he never abused us,” said Renee. “He liked a drink or two, like anyone else does, but he was not an alcoholic.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here