*If you’re wondering just how did Jennifer Hudson prepare for her role as Winnie Mandela, she went to jail!
She did a five day stint in solitary confinement in an African prison, which was just enough for her. Becoming Winnie has been a strenuous and emotional process.
“As a woman, I am angry for her, hurting for her,” she adds, “And as a mom? God, being in solitary confinement, away from my son just for five days when shooting those scenes – it was too much for me. I was drained and stripped down. I was changed.”
“Her hair was tangled, her eyes sunken, and she started having imaginary conversations with her son,” says Newsweek.
Also, as we reported, Hudson will be co staring in “Winnie” alongside Terrence Howard. And, as we reported, she’ll also be presenting at the 83rd Annual Academy Awards.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- $1.5 Million Bail for Cop Charged in Laquan McDonald Murder
- Keyshia Cole Casually Mentions She’s ‘Engaged’, and Not to Birdman
- Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with Black Pastors
- Eyrkah Badu to Iggy Azalea: ‘What You’re Doing Is Definitely Not Rap’ (Watch)
- Meet Ice-T and Coco’s New Baby Girl, Chanel Nicole (Pic)
- Jury Selection Begins in First Trial of Freddie Gray Case
- For Every 3 Pointer Made Steph Curry Donates a Life-Saving Bed-Net to a Child in Africa
- Chrissy Teigen’s Planned Parenthood Comments Spark Twitter Beef
- Kym Whitley: Inspiring Adoptive Parents While 'Building Memories' [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here