*A judge says he will approve TV coverage of the involuntary manslaughter trial of Michael Jackson’s doctor – but only if the camera is unobtrusive.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor also announced Monday he was moving up jury selection to March 24 because the original date of March 28 was too close to the absolute statutory limit for a speedy trial, reports the AP.
In an effort to clear pretrial motions, Pastor set another hearing for Feb. 15. By then, he hopes TV outlets will have submitted a coverage plan for final approval.
Dr. Conrad Murray has pleaded not guilty in the death of the pop superstar from an overdose of the powerful anesthetic propofol and other sedatives.
The physician is expected to argue that Jackson was in such a weakened state before he passed away that it’s unfair to blame Murray, or Propofol.
Sources familiar with the case tell TMZ … Dr. Murray’s team will argue that at the time of his death, Jackson’s body was failing him … partly because he was “driven over the edge” by AEG to rehearse for his upcoming tour.
Murray’s lawyers will reportedly call witnesses to testify that Jackson was not showing up for rehearsals — and when he did show, he was exhibiting “clear signs” of failing health.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Jerrod Carmichael: New Onyx Phone Makes Filming Police Brutality Easy (WATCH)
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Jennifer Hudson Dishes on Film Roles, Style and Weight Loss
- Sparkletainment Presents 'Loves Freedom' a One-woman Stage Performance (WATCH)
- 'Why You Always Lying' Creator Calls Viral Success 'Crazy'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here