*A judge says he will approve TV coverage of the involuntary manslaughter trial of Michael Jackson’s doctor – but only if the camera is unobtrusive.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor also announced Monday he was moving up jury selection to March 24 because the original date of March 28 was too close to the absolute statutory limit for a speedy trial, reports the AP.
In an effort to clear pretrial motions, Pastor set another hearing for Feb. 15. By then, he hopes TV outlets will have submitted a coverage plan for final approval.
Dr. Conrad Murray has pleaded not guilty in the death of the pop superstar from an overdose of the powerful anesthetic propofol and other sedatives.
The physician is expected to argue that Jackson was in such a weakened state before he passed away that it’s unfair to blame Murray, or Propofol.
Sources familiar with the case tell TMZ … Dr. Murray’s team will argue that at the time of his death, Jackson’s body was failing him … partly because he was “driven over the edge” by AEG to rehearse for his upcoming tour.
Murray’s lawyers will reportedly call witnesses to testify that Jackson was not showing up for rehearsals — and when he did show, he was exhibiting “clear signs” of failing health.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here