*Nearly two years to the Grammy night assault on her by Chris Brown, Rihanna has agreed to allow the restraining order keeping him away from her to be softened, her lawyer, Donald Etra, tells E! News.
While Rihanna has requested that the order be dropped to a level one—meaning that they can have contact as long as Brown doesn’t annoy, molest or harass her—and Brown’s attorney Mark Geragos has been informed of her approval, Geragos still needs to go to court to have the order officially modified by a judge, reports E! News.
But Team Brown doesn’t appear to be in a rush. Even though he is nominated for three Grammys this Sunday, he won’t be attending the festivities due to a previous commitment.
Rihanna, however, is among the confirmed performers at the awards show.
Brown will be in Los Angeles on the 18th, where he will participate in the NBA Celebrity All-Star Game alongside the likes of Justin Bieber, Magic Johnson, Zach Levi, Common and Rob Kardashian.
Brown appeared in a L.A. court back on Jan. 28 for a progress report in his assault case for the Rihanna incident. The judge announced that Brown completed his yearlong domestic violence class “in fine fashion.”
At that time, Geragos asked that the restraining order be dropped because it could be a “problem with award shows.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Provocative New Ebook Details Trump and the GOP’s Race Baiting History and the White House Race
- Put the 'Black' Back in 'Black Friday'
- Kerry Washington Gives Props to her Hubby: ‘The Real Gladiator’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here