*Nearly two years to the Grammy night assault on her by Chris Brown, Rihanna has agreed to allow the restraining order keeping him away from her to be softened, her lawyer, Donald Etra, tells E! News.
While Rihanna has requested that the order be dropped to a level one—meaning that they can have contact as long as Brown doesn’t annoy, molest or harass her—and Brown’s attorney Mark Geragos has been informed of her approval, Geragos still needs to go to court to have the order officially modified by a judge, reports E! News.
But Team Brown doesn’t appear to be in a rush. Even though he is nominated for three Grammys this Sunday, he won’t be attending the festivities due to a previous commitment.
Rihanna, however, is among the confirmed performers at the awards show.
Brown will be in Los Angeles on the 18th, where he will participate in the NBA Celebrity All-Star Game alongside the likes of Justin Bieber, Magic Johnson, Zach Levi, Common and Rob Kardashian.
Brown appeared in a L.A. court back on Jan. 28 for a progress report in his assault case for the Rihanna incident. The judge announced that Brown completed his yearlong domestic violence class “in fine fashion.”
At that time, Geragos asked that the restraining order be dropped because it could be a “problem with award shows.”
- Terrence Howard Tweets He's Still Attached to 3rd Wife Mira Pak
- 9-Yr-Old Ferguson Girl, Killed as She Did Homework, Remembered on Sunday
- Richard Pryor Biopic Officially Adds Oprah Winfrey and Eddie Murphy
- Kobe and Shaq Squash Years Long Beef on Podcast (LISTEN)
- ‘Compton’ Three-Peats at No. 1; ‘War Room’ Captures Faith-Based Crowd With $11 Mil Debut
- THE (08-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kanye to Run for President, Revisits Taylor Swift Hijack (WATCH)
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here