*Nearly two years to the Grammy night assault on her by Chris Brown, Rihanna has agreed to allow the restraining order keeping him away from her to be softened, her lawyer, Donald Etra, tells E! News.
While Rihanna has requested that the order be dropped to a level one—meaning that they can have contact as long as Brown doesn’t annoy, molest or harass her—and Brown’s attorney Mark Geragos has been informed of her approval, Geragos still needs to go to court to have the order officially modified by a judge, reports E! News.
But Team Brown doesn’t appear to be in a rush. Even though he is nominated for three Grammys this Sunday, he won’t be attending the festivities due to a previous commitment.
Rihanna, however, is among the confirmed performers at the awards show.
Brown will be in Los Angeles on the 18th, where he will participate in the NBA Celebrity All-Star Game alongside the likes of Justin Bieber, Magic Johnson, Zach Levi, Common and Rob Kardashian.
Brown appeared in a L.A. court back on Jan. 28 for a progress report in his assault case for the Rihanna incident. The judge announced that Brown completed his yearlong domestic violence class “in fine fashion.”
At that time, Geragos asked that the restraining order be dropped because it could be a “problem with award shows.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Radio Stations Nationwide to Simulcast Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ on Wed
- Woman Stabs Boyfriend For Not Getting Her a Valentine’s Gift (Video)
- Attorney for Prince's Addiction Specialist Explains Pills Found in His Medical Bag (Watch)
- Cynthia Bailey, Stacey Dash Cast in Syfy’s ‘Sharknado: The 4th Awakens’
- Lee Daniels Writes Apology Letter to Sean Penn, Ending Defamation Suit
- Kanye West Reportedly Fired Security Guard for Trying to Talk to His Wife
- Prince Being Added to Apollo Theater’s Walk of Fame
- Jay Z To Tell ‘His Side ’ of Beyonce Marriage in New Album (Report)
- Heartbreaking: Teen Bullied on Social Media Over Her Prom Photo
- Lawrence Adjah, Founder of Our Family Dinner, Seeks to Re-Connect Millennials
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here