*Nearly two years to the Grammy night assault on her by Chris Brown, Rihanna has agreed to allow the restraining order keeping him away from her to be softened, her lawyer, Donald Etra, tells E! News.
While Rihanna has requested that the order be dropped to a level one—meaning that they can have contact as long as Brown doesn’t annoy, molest or harass her—and Brown’s attorney Mark Geragos has been informed of her approval, Geragos still needs to go to court to have the order officially modified by a judge, reports E! News.
But Team Brown doesn’t appear to be in a rush. Even though he is nominated for three Grammys this Sunday, he won’t be attending the festivities due to a previous commitment.
Rihanna, however, is among the confirmed performers at the awards show.
Brown will be in Los Angeles on the 18th, where he will participate in the NBA Celebrity All-Star Game alongside the likes of Justin Bieber, Magic Johnson, Zach Levi, Common and Rob Kardashian.
Brown appeared in a L.A. court back on Jan. 28 for a progress report in his assault case for the Rihanna incident. The judge announced that Brown completed his yearlong domestic violence class “in fine fashion.”
At that time, Geragos asked that the restraining order be dropped because it could be a “problem with award shows.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Damien Sneed Performs During International Breast Cancer Awareness Week in Spain
- Bobby Shurmda Denied Bail, Will Stay in Jail Until Feb Trial Date
- Kim Zolciak Returning to ‘DWTS’ for the Nov. Finale
- Cassi Davis, Stephen Bishop to Host NAASC Scholarship Brunch
- Janet Jackson, Husband Spotted at Paris Fashion Week
- Rihanna Talks Casual Sex, Rachel Dolezal, Wanting to Change Chris Brown
- Health: You Could Possibly Have A Hidden Illness if Any of These Symptoms Show Up
- 27 Bill Cosby Accusers Set for NBC ‘Dateline’ Special (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Taps Husband Vince for Emotional 'DWTS' Routine (Watch)
- F. Gary Gray in Talks to Direct ‘Fast and Furious 8’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here