*Nearly two years to the Grammy night assault on her by Chris Brown, Rihanna has agreed to allow the restraining order keeping him away from her to be softened, her lawyer, Donald Etra, tells E! News.
While Rihanna has requested that the order be dropped to a level one—meaning that they can have contact as long as Brown doesn’t annoy, molest or harass her—and Brown’s attorney Mark Geragos has been informed of her approval, Geragos still needs to go to court to have the order officially modified by a judge, reports E! News.
But Team Brown doesn’t appear to be in a rush. Even though he is nominated for three Grammys this Sunday, he won’t be attending the festivities due to a previous commitment.
Rihanna, however, is among the confirmed performers at the awards show.
Brown will be in Los Angeles on the 18th, where he will participate in the NBA Celebrity All-Star Game alongside the likes of Justin Bieber, Magic Johnson, Zach Levi, Common and Rob Kardashian.
Brown appeared in a L.A. court back on Jan. 28 for a progress report in his assault case for the Rihanna incident. The judge announced that Brown completed his yearlong domestic violence class “in fine fashion.”
At that time, Geragos asked that the restraining order be dropped because it could be a “problem with award shows.”
- Rain Pryor Talks Race, Richard Pryor and ‘Fried Chicken & Latkes’
- Exclusive: Dayo Okeniyi Has Pivotal Role in 'Terminator Genysis'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: The Malignant Hate Cancer Took Nine Lives
- Allen West: Confederate Flag is ‘Manufactured Political Crisis’ by Left
- Panel Photos: Beautiful Textures Presents 'Who Wore What,' BET Awards Fashion Recap [Photos]
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- THE (06-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- New Book! 'Diana Ross Reflections'
- EUR on the Scene: BET Experience Fan Fest 2015 (PHOTOS!)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here