*Spike Lee and his dynamic wife, Tonya Lewis Lee have decided to participate in creating a book called”Giant Steps to Change the World” to help inspire children.
The book shares with readers of all ages the great accomplishments of world leaders including Mother Teresa and Barack Obama. Most the leaders presented in the book are African American.
The Lees even suggested several other greats like Langston Hughes, Muhammad Ali, the Tuskeegee Airmen, but they were not included.
Asked if the book, which is illustrated with Sean Qualls’ collages, aims for a balance, Spike challenges the question: “What kind of balance?”
Tonya Lewis Lee was more diplomatic.
“We’re inspired by all kinds of people: Marva Collins, the Chicago teacher who started a school for kids who were thought to be unteachable, and Albert Einstein who had trouble learning to read. It’s not about politics or race or ethnicity.”
The book’s purpose is to inspire and uplift everyone from all ages and races.
Read more here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Marcus Anderson Cast in John Ridley Drama Pilot ‘Presence’
- Black Paranormal Investigators ‘Ghost Brothers’ Set at Destination America
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here