*Recently, jazz and blues legend Barbara Morrison introduced 6-year-old Harmony “Love” Bailey as the first performer to open the new Barbara Morrison Performing Arts Center.
Little Miss Harmony did the honors by performing “Almost There” from the hit Disney movie “The Princess and the Frog.”
Morrison predicted her new place will be the launching pad for a lot of new artists.
“There’s so many good vibes in this area,” says Morrison. “There’s so many kids that don’t have a place to go and learn the music, so I said ‘You know what? There’s a beautiful park here. Why don’t I do some symphony, bring the symphony in, bring the big bands in?'”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here