*Here’s the clip of Jennifer Lopez’s breakdown that’s been a hot topic on the morning shows today.
The “American Idol” judge got emotional after having to eliminate a contestant who had previously tugged at the nation’s heartstrings.
Texan singer Chris Medina had previously brought his brain-injured fiancée to meet Lopez and fellow judges Randy Jackson and Steven Tyler – which made it even more difficult for J.Lo to eliminate Medina last night.
Slow and deliberate in her speech, Lopez praised Medina but told him that, in the singing competition, his performance just wasn’t strong enough. When he left the room, Lopez broke down into tears and sobs, worried that she hadn’t told him in the right way and afraid that she had broken his heart.
[Watch J.Lo’s breakdown and Medina’s original audition clip below.]
Medina, meanwhile, seemed disappointed but fine. He’ll be performing on “The Tonight Show” on Friday, and since the audition episode with his fiancée aired, she has reportedly received over $29,000 in donations toward her health care, including a handicapped van.
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- NAACP President Compares Bree Newsome to Rosa Parks
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- K. Michelle Comes for SWV’s Coko; Tamar Gets Memed Over BET Performance
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here