*“Sparkle” the remake has been green lighted by Sony productions and is set to begin filming soon.
It’s not “Dreamgirls” and it certainly isn’t anything like it, let’s just put that out there right now, at least that’s what producer Debra Martin-Chase told Sister 2 Sister and now you know.
Although the story is also inspired by the story of The Supremes, the plot is a bit thicker and a bit darker than most are used to.
To be written and directed by film couple Mara and Salim Akil (known for “Girlfriends” and “The Game”), the film takes place in the late 50s in Harlem. It takes a journey with the Williams sisters who encounter some obstacles along the way on their path to success.
“The plots are very different. I mean, Sparkle’s much darker,” Debra said. “It has some real things about ‘what price are you willing to pay for success.
The original “Sparkle” was released by Warner Bros. in 1976 and starred Philip Michael Thomas, Irene Cara and Lonette McKee.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- NFL’s DeAndre Levy Urges Fellow Athletes to ‘Man Up’ Against Sexual Assault
- Urban Prep’s Entire Senior Class College Bound for 7th Consecutive Year
- Baltimore's Fox45 News Station Evacuated after Bomb Threat
- Tracy Morgan Says Prince Music 'Taught Me How to Be Gentle'
- Viola Davis Inks Production Deal with ABC Studios
- Whitney Houston Doc From Kevin Macdonald Gets Estate’s Blessing
- National Enquirer Claims Prince Had AIDS and Was ‘Preparing to Die’
- John Legend Presents the Debut Trailer from 'Southside With You'
- Katt Williams Arrested Again After Alleged Salt-Shaker Attack
- Beyonce: Jay Z Cheated ... But This Timeline Reveals the Truth
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here