*A tribute to legendary reggae artist Bob Marley by a host of global artists will take place at this year’s One Love Peace Festival, to be held at London’s Wembley Arena on July 31.
Ky-Mani Marley – the son of the legendary reggae artist – will be joined by the likes of Busta Rhymes, Shaggy and Sean Paul to mark 30 years since the anniversary of the singer’s untimely death in 1981 at the age of just 36.
“I feel blessed to be part of The One Love Peace Festival,” says Ky-Mani. “It is with great pride that I will pay homage to my father, Bob Marley, with some of his best-loved songs. The festival’s message of peace is a noble cause that I hold very dear to my heart and one that my father would have applauded.
“It is in giving truthfully of oneself, selflessly to benefit others that the soul finds satisfaction and great delight. London I’m coming to give you all that I’ve got with my music…past to present…it is my Destiny.
“The festival will be unforgettable to all of us who are present… Mystical proportions. 30 years after my father’s passing and his legacy still lives on. One Love.”
Meanwhile, Busta Rhymes admitted he is “dying” to return to the UK to perform for the first time in three years.
“I can’t wait to get back to the UK! It’s been three years since I last performed here so I’m dying to tear the roof off Wembley Arena at The One Love Peace Festival with some old school joints and brand new bangers,” he said. “When I’m done, you’re gonna remember it for a long time to come. Get ready because it’s about to go down!”
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here