*A tribute to legendary reggae artist Bob Marley by a host of global artists will take place at this year’s One Love Peace Festival, to be held at London’s Wembley Arena on July 31.
Ky-Mani Marley – the son of the legendary reggae artist – will be joined by the likes of Busta Rhymes, Shaggy and Sean Paul to mark 30 years since the anniversary of the singer’s untimely death in 1981 at the age of just 36.
“I feel blessed to be part of The One Love Peace Festival,” says Ky-Mani. “It is with great pride that I will pay homage to my father, Bob Marley, with some of his best-loved songs. The festival’s message of peace is a noble cause that I hold very dear to my heart and one that my father would have applauded.
“It is in giving truthfully of oneself, selflessly to benefit others that the soul finds satisfaction and great delight. London I’m coming to give you all that I’ve got with my music…past to present…it is my Destiny.
“The festival will be unforgettable to all of us who are present… Mystical proportions. 30 years after my father’s passing and his legacy still lives on. One Love.”
Meanwhile, Busta Rhymes admitted he is “dying” to return to the UK to perform for the first time in three years.
“I can’t wait to get back to the UK! It’s been three years since I last performed here so I’m dying to tear the roof off Wembley Arena at The One Love Peace Festival with some old school joints and brand new bangers,” he said. “When I’m done, you’re gonna remember it for a long time to come. Get ready because it’s about to go down!”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here