*Despite his health and weary body, recording artist and minister Andre Crouch, 68, has released a new single, “The Promise,s” and it debuted at no. 1 on the Christian Music Trade Associations Christian Singles/Tracks Chart and no. 4 on Billboard’s Top Singles Chart.
His 18th album, “The Journey” will be in stores May 17, released by Riverphlo Entertainment.
“We are excited and encouraged with our first week’s numbers on ‘The Promise,'” said Luther, “Mano” Hanes, founder, CEO and president of Riverphlo Entertainment. “As we prepare for the release of the album, we are encouraging church and community choirs to add this classic song to their repertoires and to participate in ‘The Promise’ Choir Competition.”
Along with the new single, Riverphlo launched “The Promise” Choir Competition in which choirs will compete for numerous prizes including getting a two song record deal. They will also receive music and sound equipment. More information about the competition is at www.riverphlo.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here