*Russell Simmons is telling everybody about his encounter with the Jell-O man himself, Mr. Bill Cosby at the recent Jackie Robinson Awards.
According to the Hip Hop mogul’s storytelling of the event, via his website, globalgrind.com, his elder was not too pleased to make his acquaintance again, especially after Simmons made some critical remarks about Cosby’s views on youth and Hip Hop.
“I wanted to find him to apologize, to tell him I was sorry about my statements and to tell him that I loved him,” Simmons explained. “Suddenly I turned and he was behind the curtain and I said ‘I love you’ and he responded on some real hip-hop, ‘Get the f*ck out my face!'”
Oh yes, Cosby is no Cliff Huxtable. He’s a real man from the hood and that’s exactly what Simmons rediscovered, which sort of helped him like his forerunner a bit more.
“His next move was straight up old school pre b-boy hood sh–,” Simmons continued to explain. “He walked by me and bumped me with his shoulder as I walked off stage after presenting my award to Sean, just like the cool ass character in ‘Let’s Do It Again.’ I then loved him even more.”
“He’s from the same hood I’m from, just got a lucky break like me, cause I am those suffering men. And after that elbow I knew he was too.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Target Wins Lawsuit Filed by Rosa and Raymond Parks Institute
- 'The Music of ‘Underground': Behind-the-Scenes with John Legend on Slave Thriller
- Lamar Odom On Way to Full Recovery; Almost Living on His Own
- Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Deserve the Black Vote. Here's why ...
- #BlackLivesMatter Activist Commits Suicide on Ohio Statehouse Steps
- Jubilee Project Video Discusses a ‘World Without Black People’
- How I Helped 50,000 Blacks Think it Out, Not Shoot it Out
- THE (02-10-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Lalah Hathaway & Kindred the Family Soul Headline ATL SLMF
- Timbaland Reschedules Detroit Charity Gig Following Champagne Tantrum
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here