*On April 16th rapper Common and his Common Ground Foundation Gala will honor poet and humanitarian Dr. Maya Angelou, actress and singer Keke Palmer, business Leader Dee Robinson Reid and actress/co-host of “The View” Sherri Shepherd during a dinner in Chicago.
The evening will include a silent auction, fine dining, entertainment, and more. Proceeds will provide the financial support needed for furthering the Common Ground Foundation’s goals and expanding its reach in local communities.
“Our foundation has grown over the years, and is very dear to my heart just as much as my career,” says Common. “One of the things I always say to people is to ‘strive for greatness in any and everything you do’, and the women we are honoring have represented that and so much more.
“My connection with Dr. Angelou was a huge inspiration for this evening. From the first time we met our shared love for the spoken word and human spirit enabled us to create a strong bond. I am truly honored to have the opportunity to celebrate her greatness, and her contribution to the world, along with the other honorees.”
A reception will take place at 6:30 p.m., followed by the Gala at 7:30 at The InterContinental Hotel – Grand Ballroom, 505 North Michigan Ave. Tickets are $250, tables are $2250 and both may be purchased online at www.commongroundfoundation.org/galafundraiser2011.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Black Stars Support Oscars At NAACP Image Awards (WATCH)
- Coalition of Police Officers Support Beyoncé’ & Formation Music Video
- Tina Campbell Calls Husband's Cheating Scandal 'Empowering'
- Regina King Talks ‘American Crime’ and Andre 3000
- Ciara Admits Struggle to Abstain From Sex With Russell Wilson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here