*On April 16th rapper Common and his Common Ground Foundation Gala will honor poet and humanitarian Dr. Maya Angelou, actress and singer Keke Palmer, business Leader Dee Robinson Reid and actress/co-host of “The View” Sherri Shepherd during a dinner in Chicago.
The evening will include a silent auction, fine dining, entertainment, and more. Proceeds will provide the financial support needed for furthering the Common Ground Foundation’s goals and expanding its reach in local communities.
“Our foundation has grown over the years, and is very dear to my heart just as much as my career,” says Common. “One of the things I always say to people is to ‘strive for greatness in any and everything you do’, and the women we are honoring have represented that and so much more.
“My connection with Dr. Angelou was a huge inspiration for this evening. From the first time we met our shared love for the spoken word and human spirit enabled us to create a strong bond. I am truly honored to have the opportunity to celebrate her greatness, and her contribution to the world, along with the other honorees.”
A reception will take place at 6:30 p.m., followed by the Gala at 7:30 at The InterContinental Hotel – Grand Ballroom, 505 North Michigan Ave. Tickets are $250, tables are $2250 and both may be purchased online at www.commongroundfoundation.org/galafundraiser2011.
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here