*On April 16th rapper Common and his Common Ground Foundation Gala will honor poet and humanitarian Dr. Maya Angelou, actress and singer Keke Palmer, business Leader Dee Robinson Reid and actress/co-host of “The View” Sherri Shepherd during a dinner in Chicago.
The evening will include a silent auction, fine dining, entertainment, and more. Proceeds will provide the financial support needed for furthering the Common Ground Foundation’s goals and expanding its reach in local communities.
“Our foundation has grown over the years, and is very dear to my heart just as much as my career,” says Common. “One of the things I always say to people is to ‘strive for greatness in any and everything you do’, and the women we are honoring have represented that and so much more.
“My connection with Dr. Angelou was a huge inspiration for this evening. From the first time we met our shared love for the spoken word and human spirit enabled us to create a strong bond. I am truly honored to have the opportunity to celebrate her greatness, and her contribution to the world, along with the other honorees.”
A reception will take place at 6:30 p.m., followed by the Gala at 7:30 at The InterContinental Hotel – Grand Ballroom, 505 North Michigan Ave. Tickets are $250, tables are $2250 and both may be purchased online at www.commongroundfoundation.org/galafundraiser2011.
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Azealia Banks Angers Australia by Calling Crowds ‘Belligerent’
- Report: Tom Brady Destroyed Cell Phone; NFL Suspension to be Upheld
- Bobbi Kristina's Body Released for Burial
- Rashida Jones Dropped Robin Thicke for Al B. Sure in Junior High
- TV Land’s ‘Soul Man’ Renewed for Fifth and Final Season
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here