*The manslaughter trial of Michael Jackson’s physician Dr. Conrad Murray got off to a slow start yesterday when almost all of the potential jurors told Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor that they were aware of the case.
According to the AP, Pastor, the prosecutors and Murray’s defense team screened about 160 prospective jurors, and only two claimed to know nothing about the case against Murray, who is accused of giving Jackson a fatal dose of the anesthetic propofol.
About 100 of the jury candidates were released after making a case that serving on a lengthy trial would cause them to face financial hardships. The remaining potential jurors were given a questionnaire to determine their views on the case.
Another set of 170 candidates are being screened today. The court has just over a month to find a panel of 12 jurors.
Meanwhile, the pharmacy that supplied Dr. Murray with massive amounts of Propofol for Michael Jackson is being shut down by the State of Nevada, according to TMZ, and will file for bankruptcy in 90 days.
Applied Pharmacy shipped multiple packages of Propofol to Murray at his girlfriend’s Santa Monica address in the months before Jackson died.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Blac Chyna, Rob Kardashian Confirm Pregnancy with Baby Bump Emoji
- Elise Neal, Eriq LaSalle Join Hugh Jackman in ‘Wolverine 3’
- La La Anthony, Monica Calhoun, Yvette Nicole Brown Join BET’s 'New Edition: The Movie'
- DJ Kool Herc Sues HBO’s ‘Vinyl’ for Using His Identity
- Stacii Jae Johnson Writes the Book on Dating Lots of Men
- Former ‘American Idol’ Finalist Rickey Smith Killed in Car Accident
- Ciara Gets Back at Future: She'll Grill Him Under Oath in Court
- Did Katherine Jackson Pressure Janet to Have Baby at 50?
- Not Impressed: Man Reads Book at Beyonce Concert (WATCH)
- White Woman (Samantha Niemann) Sues Diversity Program for 'Discrimination'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here