*The manslaughter trial of Michael Jackson’s physician Dr. Conrad Murray got off to a slow start yesterday when almost all of the potential jurors told Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor that they were aware of the case.
According to the AP, Pastor, the prosecutors and Murray’s defense team screened about 160 prospective jurors, and only two claimed to know nothing about the case against Murray, who is accused of giving Jackson a fatal dose of the anesthetic propofol.
About 100 of the jury candidates were released after making a case that serving on a lengthy trial would cause them to face financial hardships. The remaining potential jurors were given a questionnaire to determine their views on the case.
Another set of 170 candidates are being screened today. The court has just over a month to find a panel of 12 jurors.
Meanwhile, the pharmacy that supplied Dr. Murray with massive amounts of Propofol for Michael Jackson is being shut down by the State of Nevada, according to TMZ, and will file for bankruptcy in 90 days.
Applied Pharmacy shipped multiple packages of Propofol to Murray at his girlfriend’s Santa Monica address in the months before Jackson died.
- 'Slave Trade' Video Game Altered After Social Media Backlash
- Michel'le Back with New Single: 'It's Nothing' (LISTEN)
- ‘Welcome to Death Row’ Shopped as a Sequel to ‘Straight Outta Compton’
- EUR Chats with 'The Perfect Guy' Cast: Lathan, Ealy & Chestnut (WATCH)
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Season 3 to Feature Loretta Devine and Jill Scott (WATCH)
- Teen About to Start College, Accidentally Kills Himself Taking Selfie (Watch)
- Serena Highlighted with Inspirational Commercial and Mural (WATCH)
- Trump Casino Worker: Blacks Hidden When the Donald Visited
- Fox News' Megyn Kelly Goes in on #BlackLivesMatter Supporter (WATCH)
- People of Note: Jazz at Lincoln Center Opens their 28th Season in the Bronx
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here