*The manslaughter trial of Michael Jackson’s physician Dr. Conrad Murray got off to a slow start yesterday when almost all of the potential jurors told Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor that they were aware of the case.
According to the AP, Pastor, the prosecutors and Murray’s defense team screened about 160 prospective jurors, and only two claimed to know nothing about the case against Murray, who is accused of giving Jackson a fatal dose of the anesthetic propofol.
About 100 of the jury candidates were released after making a case that serving on a lengthy trial would cause them to face financial hardships. The remaining potential jurors were given a questionnaire to determine their views on the case.
Another set of 170 candidates are being screened today. The court has just over a month to find a panel of 12 jurors.
Meanwhile, the pharmacy that supplied Dr. Murray with massive amounts of Propofol for Michael Jackson is being shut down by the State of Nevada, according to TMZ, and will file for bankruptcy in 90 days.
Applied Pharmacy shipped multiple packages of Propofol to Murray at his girlfriend’s Santa Monica address in the months before Jackson died.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- $1.5 Million Bail for Cop Charged in Laquan McDonald Murder
- Keyshia Cole Casually Mentions She’s ‘Engaged’, and Not to Birdman
- Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with Black Pastors
- Eyrkah Badu to Iggy Azalea: ‘What You’re Doing Is Definitely Not Rap’ (Watch)
- Meet Ice-T and Coco’s New Baby Girl, Chanel Nicole (Pic)
- Jury Selection Begins in First Trial of Freddie Gray Case
- For Every 3 Pointer Made Steph Curry Donates a Life-Saving Bed-Net to a Child in Africa
- Chrissy Teigen’s Planned Parenthood Comments Spark Twitter Beef
- Kym Whitley: Inspiring Adoptive Parents While 'Building Memories' [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here