*The manslaughter trial of Michael Jackson’s physician Dr. Conrad Murray got off to a slow start yesterday when almost all of the potential jurors told Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor that they were aware of the case.
According to the AP, Pastor, the prosecutors and Murray’s defense team screened about 160 prospective jurors, and only two claimed to know nothing about the case against Murray, who is accused of giving Jackson a fatal dose of the anesthetic propofol.
About 100 of the jury candidates were released after making a case that serving on a lengthy trial would cause them to face financial hardships. The remaining potential jurors were given a questionnaire to determine their views on the case.
Another set of 170 candidates are being screened today. The court has just over a month to find a panel of 12 jurors.
Meanwhile, the pharmacy that supplied Dr. Murray with massive amounts of Propofol for Michael Jackson is being shut down by the State of Nevada, according to TMZ, and will file for bankruptcy in 90 days.
Applied Pharmacy shipped multiple packages of Propofol to Murray at his girlfriend’s Santa Monica address in the months before Jackson died.
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Missy Elliott Reportedly Joins ‘The Voice’ Season 9 as a Mentor
- Dylann Roof Enters 33 ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas in Federal Court
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here