*The manslaughter trial of Michael Jackson’s physician Dr. Conrad Murray got off to a slow start yesterday when almost all of the potential jurors told Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor that they were aware of the case.
According to the AP, Pastor, the prosecutors and Murray’s defense team screened about 160 prospective jurors, and only two claimed to know nothing about the case against Murray, who is accused of giving Jackson a fatal dose of the anesthetic propofol.
About 100 of the jury candidates were released after making a case that serving on a lengthy trial would cause them to face financial hardships. The remaining potential jurors were given a questionnaire to determine their views on the case.
Another set of 170 candidates are being screened today. The court has just over a month to find a panel of 12 jurors.
Meanwhile, the pharmacy that supplied Dr. Murray with massive amounts of Propofol for Michael Jackson is being shut down by the State of Nevada, according to TMZ, and will file for bankruptcy in 90 days.
Applied Pharmacy shipped multiple packages of Propofol to Murray at his girlfriend’s Santa Monica address in the months before Jackson died.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Marshawn Lynch Retires Without Having Spent His $50M NFL Income
- Nuisance Abatement Law Seemingly Gives NYPD License to Evict Criminal and Non-Criminal Residents
- Toyota Motor Credit to Pay $21.9 Million for Discrimination
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here