*TMZ is reporting that Jermaine Jackson’s ex-wife faces a court battle against the executors of Michael Jackson’s estate after a judge set a trial date to decide whether or not she can be rightfully evicted from the family home in California.
Alejandra Jackson, who was also once married to Jermaine’s brother Randy, has been fighting to stay at the Jackson mansion with her children after executors requested a court order to have her removed while the home is renovated.
She accused administrators of attempting to force her out of the house by cutting off the gas to the property, changing the locks and threatening to fumigate the home while she and her kids were in it.
Alejandra’s case was given a boost on Tuesday when a Los Angeles judge ruled the dispute will go to trial.
The judge also granted her permission to remain at the California estate until opening arguments are heard on April 14, TMZ reports.
Alejandra claims the King of Pop’s executors have no legal right to throw her out because her former sister-in-law La Toya Jackson is now the true owner of the home — thanks to a joint tenancy agreement the “Celebrity Apprentice” star signed with Michael before his 2009 death.
However, TMZ has unearthed records held by the Los Angeles County Recorder that suggest Michael and his business manager are co-owners of the property.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here