*TV Land has given a series order to comedy series “The Exes” (working title) starring “Scrubs” veteran Donald Faison, and “Happily Divorced,” which features “Martin” alum Tichina Arnold.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, “The Exes” centers on three divorced men who live together in an apartment across the hall from their divorce attorney. Wayne Knight, David Alan Basche and Kristen Johnston also star in the project.
“Happily Divorced” stars Fran Drescher in her first TV vehicle since the “The Nanny.” It’s based on her real life and centers on L.A. florist Fran (Drescher) as she deals with dating after finding out her realtor husband of 18 years (John Michael Higgins) is gay. Tichina Arnold is joined by Rita Moreno in the supporting cast.
“The Exes,” “Happily Divorced” and a second season of “Retired at 35” have been given 10-episode orders. “The Exes” and ‘Retired at 35” are slated for winter premieres.
TV Land also upped the Season 3 episode order for Betty White’s “Hot in Cleveland” from 22 to 24.
“TV Land is committed to building a new home for situation comedies and we are ecstatic to build and expand on the success of our original scripted programming,” said Larry W. Jones, president of TV Land. “’Hot in Cleveland’ and Retired at 35 have proven to us that our audience is hungry for new sitcoms with relatable, experienced characters and smart, contemporary writing. We’re looking forward to an amazing year working with all of this wonderful talent.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here