*There was court ordered mediation scheduled in the Bishop Eddie Long case, but the time, place and details of the settlement talks were kept top secret, until now.
Reporters have uncovered when the talks took place and learned about the explosive interaction between Bishop Long and the four young men suing him for sexual misconduct.
Three weeks ago, in the early morning hours a black Lincoln Town car with the engine running, sat in front of Bishop Eddie Long’s house.
Not long after, Bishop Long arrived at a top secret location for the first of back-to-back mediation talks.
Those talks turned to an angry face-to-face confrontation.
Last September, Bishop Eddie Long told his congregation that he was going to battle allegations of sexual misconduct. That public fight is now embroiled in private settlement talks.
The I-Team (Fox Atlanta) was first to tell you how Jamal Parris and three other young men filed suit against Bishop Long and his 10,000-seat New Birth Missionary Baptist Church. The lawsuits claim that the bishop lavished money, trips and gifts on the young adults while having sexual contact with them.
Read the full story here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Spike Lee’s ESPN Mini Docs ‘Lil’ Joints’ Return on 5/31 (View Titles and Schedule)
- Lifetime to Air Uzo Aduba, Cicely Tyson Film ‘Showing Roots’ on Sat, May 26 (Trailer)
- ‘Empire’ Finishes No 1 in Black Households, Social Media and Other Key Demos
- Therez Fleetwood's 'Men and Intimacy: Real Talk... Real Answers' Reveals Answers to What Men Want
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here