*Jill Scott is ready to release her brand new album later this year entitled “The Light of the Sun.” And she’s embracing her first love, Hip Hop.
“I really want to get back to my original state,” she told CNN. “I love hip hop, and I was born to it. I needed to come back to it. It’s been awhile, and I’m in a new environment.”
Over the years, we’ve watched Jill grow from singing hooks with the Roots to starring on the big screen alongside Janet Jackson in Tyler Perry productions as well as her toplining the HBO series “The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency.” She’s sold over 4 million records so far and it’s not going to stop there.
We hear the music video for her first single “Shame” is a bit of a dedication to her hometown as it was filmed in Philadelphia. With her talent and industry pull, she helped save the city’s Cecil B. Moore recreation center.
“When I found out it was closing, it just hurt my feelings because kids like me needed a place to go,” she said. “We just started to really take care of this facility because we don’t want it to shut down… You still have to come back. Where you come [from], you take care of that place. Everybody is supposed to be a part of their own community.”
- Former Detroit Lions RB Mel Farr Dies at 70
- Craig Robinson, Amandla Stenberg & Megan Good in NBC's 'Mr. Robinson' (Watch!)
- Lenny Kravitz Plays Through Severe Wardrobe Malfunction (NSFW Video)
- Angela Carr Patterson/The Issues of Fatherless Daughters: The Stakes are Too High
- Andre Royo Talks Reunion with ‘Wire’ Co-Stars for Baltimore's ‘Wired Up’
- Toure Fired By MSNBC; Returns to Twitter after Yearlong Hiatus
- Happy Birthday Mr. President! Today is Barack Obama's 54th B-day
- Brandon Boykin Fires Latest Racism Claim at Eagles Coach Chip Kelly
- Steven Ivory: How to Survive a Break Up
- Donald Trump: Obama Blew it for Future Black President Hopefuls
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here