*Jill Scott is ready to release her brand new album later this year entitled “The Light of the Sun.” And she’s embracing her first love, Hip Hop.
“I really want to get back to my original state,” she told CNN. “I love hip hop, and I was born to it. I needed to come back to it. It’s been awhile, and I’m in a new environment.”
Over the years, we’ve watched Jill grow from singing hooks with the Roots to starring on the big screen alongside Janet Jackson in Tyler Perry productions as well as her toplining the HBO series “The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency.” She’s sold over 4 million records so far and it’s not going to stop there.
We hear the music video for her first single “Shame” is a bit of a dedication to her hometown as it was filmed in Philadelphia. With her talent and industry pull, she helped save the city’s Cecil B. Moore recreation center.
“When I found out it was closing, it just hurt my feelings because kids like me needed a place to go,” she said. “We just started to really take care of this facility because we don’t want it to shut down… You still have to come back. Where you come [from], you take care of that place. Everybody is supposed to be a part of their own community.”
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here