*Jill Scott is ready to release her brand new album later this year entitled “The Light of the Sun.” And she’s embracing her first love, Hip Hop.
“I really want to get back to my original state,” she told CNN. “I love hip hop, and I was born to it. I needed to come back to it. It’s been awhile, and I’m in a new environment.”
Over the years, we’ve watched Jill grow from singing hooks with the Roots to starring on the big screen alongside Janet Jackson in Tyler Perry productions as well as her toplining the HBO series “The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency.” She’s sold over 4 million records so far and it’s not going to stop there.
We hear the music video for her first single “Shame” is a bit of a dedication to her hometown as it was filmed in Philadelphia. With her talent and industry pull, she helped save the city’s Cecil B. Moore recreation center.
“When I found out it was closing, it just hurt my feelings because kids like me needed a place to go,” she said. “We just started to really take care of this facility because we don’t want it to shut down… You still have to come back. Where you come [from], you take care of that place. Everybody is supposed to be a part of their own community.”
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here