*People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals demonstrated outside Mike Tyson’s suburban home in Nevada to protest the former boxing champion’s role in pigeon racing.
PETA’s Lisa Lange says the protest followed Sunday night’s debut of the Animal Planet show, “Taking on Tyson.” It features Tyson competing with pigeon racers in the New York City area.
Henderson police spokesman Todd Rasmussen said Tuesday the PETA demonstration on Monday outside Tyson’s gated hillside neighborhood was peaceful.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal reported that some of the 20 protesters carried signs reading, “Featherweights: No match for a Heavyweight,” and “Mike doesn’t give pigeons a fighting chance.”
Tyson has been a pigeon racing breeder and fan since childhood in Brooklyn, N.Y.
Meanwhile, Tyson was a guest on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” this week to promote his reality show. Watch below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Serena Williams is Half-Naked in 2016 Pirelli Calendar (Pics)
- Miami Jury Now Holds Fate of 'Facebook Killer' In Their Hands! (Disturbing Photo)
- What Does Future Require In His Concert Dressing Rooms?
- Female Characters in ‘The Wiz Live!’ Rewritten to be More Empowered
- John Hairston's Gospel Internet Radio Station Hits the Airwaves in January
- He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- $1.5 Million Bail for Cop Charged in Laquan McDonald Murder
- Keyshia Cole Casually Mentions She’s ‘Engaged’, and Not to Birdman
- Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with Black Pastors
- Eyrkah Badu to Iggy Azalea: ‘What You’re Doing Is Definitely Not Rap’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here