*People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals demonstrated outside Mike Tyson’s suburban home in Nevada to protest the former boxing champion’s role in pigeon racing.
PETA’s Lisa Lange says the protest followed Sunday night’s debut of the Animal Planet show, “Taking on Tyson.” It features Tyson competing with pigeon racers in the New York City area.
Henderson police spokesman Todd Rasmussen said Tuesday the PETA demonstration on Monday outside Tyson’s gated hillside neighborhood was peaceful.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal reported that some of the 20 protesters carried signs reading, “Featherweights: No match for a Heavyweight,” and “Mike doesn’t give pigeons a fighting chance.”
Tyson has been a pigeon racing breeder and fan since childhood in Brooklyn, N.Y.
Meanwhile, Tyson was a guest on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” this week to promote his reality show. Watch below.
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice-T & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here