*People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals demonstrated outside Mike Tyson’s suburban home in Nevada to protest the former boxing champion’s role in pigeon racing.
PETA’s Lisa Lange says the protest followed Sunday night’s debut of the Animal Planet show, “Taking on Tyson.” It features Tyson competing with pigeon racers in the New York City area.
Henderson police spokesman Todd Rasmussen said Tuesday the PETA demonstration on Monday outside Tyson’s gated hillside neighborhood was peaceful.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal reported that some of the 20 protesters carried signs reading, “Featherweights: No match for a Heavyweight,” and “Mike doesn’t give pigeons a fighting chance.”
Tyson has been a pigeon racing breeder and fan since childhood in Brooklyn, N.Y.
Meanwhile, Tyson was a guest on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” this week to promote his reality show. Watch below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Yolanda Adams Added to Fox’s Live Musical ‘The Passion’
- Lance Stephenson Drags Ex K. Michelle Over ‘Down in the DM’ Remix
- Cleveland Rescinds $500 ER Bill Sent to Tamir Rice’s Family
- Not a Good Cop Look: Ex-Sheriff, Lee Baca, Admits Guilt in False Statements
- Woman Accusing Chris Brown of Battery Files Lawsuit
- Wife of Thunder Asst. Coach Monty Williams Dies in Car Crash
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here