*People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals demonstrated outside Mike Tyson’s suburban home in Nevada to protest the former boxing champion’s role in pigeon racing.
PETA’s Lisa Lange says the protest followed Sunday night’s debut of the Animal Planet show, “Taking on Tyson.” It features Tyson competing with pigeon racers in the New York City area.
Henderson police spokesman Todd Rasmussen said Tuesday the PETA demonstration on Monday outside Tyson’s gated hillside neighborhood was peaceful.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal reported that some of the 20 protesters carried signs reading, “Featherweights: No match for a Heavyweight,” and “Mike doesn’t give pigeons a fighting chance.”
Tyson has been a pigeon racing breeder and fan since childhood in Brooklyn, N.Y.
Meanwhile, Tyson was a guest on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” this week to promote his reality show. Watch below.
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'The Martian': 'Love Letter to Science' -- Matt Damon
- The Film Strip: New York Comic Con Tickets Going Fast
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Daniele Watts & Boyfriend Sentenced
- Shocking! How BGF Members Made $20K a Month in Jail
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Trump Dismisses Ramos, 2 Reporters Murdered in Virginia, Serena Williams New Boo | BHL's This Week
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here