*Pastor and cultural apologist Voddie Baucham challenged Christian broadcasters at their annual convention on Saturday to not buy into the “gay is the new black” propaganda, but instead to remain committed to defending biblical marriage on the airwaves.
Baucham, who preaches at Grace Family Baptist Church in Spring, Texas, knew that he would make a lot of people uncomfortable or squirm in their seats by raising the issue of homosexuality at the opening session of the 2011 National Religious Broadcasters.
“When it comes to Christian broadcasters, we are nervous, even afraid to deal with this subject matter,” he told NRB attendees at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center.
The African-American minister pointed out that Christian broadcasters feel the need to apologize several times to the public before speaking about homosexuality on their shows. They will try to prove they don’t hate gay people by saying they have many gay friends or gay family members, he said.
“The reason is the homosexuals have effectively co-opted blackness…to where now, we actually believe gay is the new black and we actually believe homosexual marriage is a civil rights issue,” he explained.
He stressed, however, that being gay is not the same as being black.
Read the full story here.
- Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez Reportedly Heading Toward Divorce?
- Mr. Robinson Debuts Today, August 5
- Call Her 'Chief': Kim Royster Promoted to Highest Position Ever Held by Black Woman in NYPD
- NAACP Sponsors ‘America’s Journey for Justice’
- Black Male International Relations Student Returns From One Year Study in China
- THE (08-05-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LISTEN to Newcomer Babs Savage's New Hit 'La La' - A Unique Twist on the Delfonic's Classic
- #AaliyahForMAC: Aaliyah Fans Start Petition for MAC Line
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here