*Pastor and cultural apologist Voddie Baucham challenged Christian broadcasters at their annual convention on Saturday to not buy into the “gay is the new black” propaganda, but instead to remain committed to defending biblical marriage on the airwaves.
Baucham, who preaches at Grace Family Baptist Church in Spring, Texas, knew that he would make a lot of people uncomfortable or squirm in their seats by raising the issue of homosexuality at the opening session of the 2011 National Religious Broadcasters.
“When it comes to Christian broadcasters, we are nervous, even afraid to deal with this subject matter,” he told NRB attendees at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center.
The African-American minister pointed out that Christian broadcasters feel the need to apologize several times to the public before speaking about homosexuality on their shows. They will try to prove they don’t hate gay people by saying they have many gay friends or gay family members, he said.
“The reason is the homosexuals have effectively co-opted blackness…to where now, we actually believe gay is the new black and we actually believe homosexual marriage is a civil rights issue,” he explained.
He stressed, however, that being gay is not the same as being black.
Read the full story here.
- Donovan McNabb Arrested on Suspicion of DUI - Again
- Serena Advances at Wimbledon with Win Against Victoria Azarenka
- Women Traveling Solo: Wear a Fake Wedding Ring (and Other Tips!)
- Paula Deen Tweets Photo of Son in Brownface
- ‘The Real’s’ Jeannie Mai, ESPN, PGA Latest to Dump Trump
- Judge Refuses to Dismiss Suge Knight's Murder Case
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Stripped of WBO Title Over Nonpayment of Fee
- Whoopi: Bill Cosby is ‘Still Innocent Until Proven Guilty’; Raven-Symone Needs More Proof
- Bill Cosby Accusers Feel Vindicated with Newly Released Confession
- ‘Married To Medicine’s’ Quad & Lisa Nicole Cloud Cat Fightin' (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here