*Being pregnant may not always be the most comfortable time in a woman’s life, but for Tia Mowry the perks make the experience well worth the discomfort.
“You get special treatment, I’m not going to lie. Everyone is always making sure you’re okay,” The Game star, 32, told People.com at the recent Essence Black Women in Television event. “And feeling your baby kick for the first time is one of the most amazing, beautiful things I’ve ever felt.”
“The first time I felt him kick I was laying down in my bed watching “A Baby Story” and I felt [what I call a] ‘butterfly flutter,’” she adds. “I laugh with him when he kicks because he’ll tickle me.”
Mowry says she is now “obsessed” with the kicks and explains that if she hasn’t felt one in a while, her husband Cory Hardrict will try and motivate their future son.
“Sometimes my husband will just tap my belly like, ‘Hey! Are you in there?’” she said. “But he moves when I eat because he’s eating and loves it.”
Mowry and her husband have also been spending a lot of time researching baby names, and while she is not ready to reveal what’s on the short list, she has given some clues.
“We’re definitely looking at ‘C’ names because my husband’s name is Cory. And the meaning that we’re looking at is ‘warrior’ because my husband thinks he’s this warrior,” Mowry said, rolling her eyes in jest.
With a due date of July 3rd, Mowry is already feeling a profound connection with her son.
“I now know what the word ‘love’ means, but this goes even deeper than that,” she said. “It is just amazing.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here