*Being pregnant may not always be the most comfortable time in a woman’s life, but for Tia Mowry the perks make the experience well worth the discomfort.
“You get special treatment, I’m not going to lie. Everyone is always making sure you’re okay,” The Game star, 32, told People.com at the recent Essence Black Women in Television event. “And feeling your baby kick for the first time is one of the most amazing, beautiful things I’ve ever felt.”
“The first time I felt him kick I was laying down in my bed watching “A Baby Story” and I felt [what I call a] ‘butterfly flutter,’” she adds. “I laugh with him when he kicks because he’ll tickle me.”
Mowry says she is now “obsessed” with the kicks and explains that if she hasn’t felt one in a while, her husband Cory Hardrict will try and motivate their future son.
“Sometimes my husband will just tap my belly like, ‘Hey! Are you in there?’” she said. “But he moves when I eat because he’s eating and loves it.”
Mowry and her husband have also been spending a lot of time researching baby names, and while she is not ready to reveal what’s on the short list, she has given some clues.
“We’re definitely looking at ‘C’ names because my husband’s name is Cory. And the meaning that we’re looking at is ‘warrior’ because my husband thinks he’s this warrior,” Mowry said, rolling her eyes in jest.
With a due date of July 3rd, Mowry is already feeling a profound connection with her son.
“I now know what the word ‘love’ means, but this goes even deeper than that,” she said. “It is just amazing.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here