*A sentencing hearing has been set for June 16 for Grammy-winning Jamaican reggae singer Buju Banton, reports the AP.
The artist faces up to 15 years in prison after he was convicted of conspiring to set up a cocaine deal in 2009.
A Tampa federal court jury last month found Banton guilty of two drug charges and one weapons charge. It was the singer’s second trial after a previous jury deadlocked in September.
Banton’s attorney, David Markus, has asked for the singer to be released from custody pending his appeal. Markus also has filed a motion asking the court to acquit Banton or grant him a new trial.
Banton won a Grammy last month for best reggae album for his 2010 work entitled “Before the Dawn.”
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here