*Every generation has cried “the end of the world is near.” Yet “here we are still,” noted one Southern California pastor.
“Haven’t we heard this all before?” Greg Laurie (pictured) acknowledged on Sunday. “Every generation … that has thought it was the generation that would see the Lord’s return has been wrong because he didn’t come, did he?”
“This idea of the end of the world coming, Christ returning, is this the truth?”
Laurie, pastor of Harvest Christian Fellowship in Riverside, Calif., continued his messages on the end times in light of recent events, including the deadly earthquake in Japan.
This generation might be repeating what past generations have been saying, that these are the last days, but Laurie wonders whether the “cumulative effect” and the frequency of the events are cause to believe that indeed Jesus might return in his lifetime.
“Yes, we have heard this message before but over the years, certain things have happened that have immense prophetic significance,” he said.
He listed the dramatic escalation of global wars and terrorism, the push for unity or globalism, the change in world economics toward a cashless society, the unprecedented increase of killer earthquakes, and false teaching permeating the church.
Read the full story here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Black Stars Support Oscars At NAACP Image Awards (WATCH)
- Coalition of Police Officers Support Beyoncé’ & Formation Music Video
- Tina Campbell Calls Husband's Cheating Scandal 'Empowering'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here