*Aretha Franklin is on the hunt for the perfect Broadway role so she can fulfill one of her lifelong dreams before it’s too late.
The Queen of Soul has spent the past few months recovering from a mystery illness which forced her to cancel a string of end-of-year concerts to undergo surgery in December. The 69-year-old has since regained her full health and has now taken it upon herself to compile a bucket list of things to do before she dies.
Among the highlights of Franklin’s list are a vacation in Egypt and a starring role on the New York stage.
“I’m going to sail the Nile before it’s all over. I would like to see the Pyramids and the Sphinx… I want to do Broadway – on my terms,” she tells People.com.
The singer is also hoping for a royal engagement with Queen Elizabeth II. She adds: “I have a standing invitation to have tea with the Queen of England.”
But Franklin has assured fans her health crisis is over, and she’s already reaping the benefits of her slimmer figure after embarking on a drastic diet and exercise regime: “I’m really taking far better care of myself… I feel fabulous… (Designers Marc Jacobs and Oscar de la Renta) are cutting special things just for me.”
- NeNe Leakes Announces She's Leaving 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
- Child Dies on Father's Day After Dad Leaves Her in Hot Car to Go Drinking
- Jada Pinkett Smith 'Magic Mike XXL' & Objectification (Watch)
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Ava DuVernay References 'Black Panther' in Support of Bree Newsome
- S.C. Legislature Has Votes to Remove Confederate Flag; KKK to Rally at Statehouse
- NBC Wants Minority Host to Replace Trump on ‘Celebrity Apprentice’?
- Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin Goes Viral with Anti-Confederate Flag Post
- Report: Tyga Fails to Pay 50K Offered to Squash Underage Sexual Battery Lawsuit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here