*Aretha Franklin is on the hunt for the perfect Broadway role so she can fulfill one of her lifelong dreams before it’s too late.
The Queen of Soul has spent the past few months recovering from a mystery illness which forced her to cancel a string of end-of-year concerts to undergo surgery in December. The 69-year-old has since regained her full health and has now taken it upon herself to compile a bucket list of things to do before she dies.
Among the highlights of Franklin’s list are a vacation in Egypt and a starring role on the New York stage.
“I’m going to sail the Nile before it’s all over. I would like to see the Pyramids and the Sphinx… I want to do Broadway – on my terms,” she tells People.com.
The singer is also hoping for a royal engagement with Queen Elizabeth II. She adds: “I have a standing invitation to have tea with the Queen of England.”
But Franklin has assured fans her health crisis is over, and she’s already reaping the benefits of her slimmer figure after embarking on a drastic diet and exercise regime: “I’m really taking far better care of myself… I feel fabulous… (Designers Marc Jacobs and Oscar de la Renta) are cutting special things just for me.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' (EUR Film Review)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here