*Aretha Franklin is on the hunt for the perfect Broadway role so she can fulfill one of her lifelong dreams before it’s too late.
The Queen of Soul has spent the past few months recovering from a mystery illness which forced her to cancel a string of end-of-year concerts to undergo surgery in December. The 69-year-old has since regained her full health and has now taken it upon herself to compile a bucket list of things to do before she dies.
Among the highlights of Franklin’s list are a vacation in Egypt and a starring role on the New York stage.
“I’m going to sail the Nile before it’s all over. I would like to see the Pyramids and the Sphinx… I want to do Broadway – on my terms,” she tells People.com.
The singer is also hoping for a royal engagement with Queen Elizabeth II. She adds: “I have a standing invitation to have tea with the Queen of England.”
But Franklin has assured fans her health crisis is over, and she’s already reaping the benefits of her slimmer figure after embarking on a drastic diet and exercise regime: “I’m really taking far better care of myself… I feel fabulous… (Designers Marc Jacobs and Oscar de la Renta) are cutting special things just for me.”
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here