*Aretha Franklin is on the hunt for the perfect Broadway role so she can fulfill one of her lifelong dreams before it’s too late.
The Queen of Soul has spent the past few months recovering from a mystery illness which forced her to cancel a string of end-of-year concerts to undergo surgery in December. The 69-year-old has since regained her full health and has now taken it upon herself to compile a bucket list of things to do before she dies.
Among the highlights of Franklin’s list are a vacation in Egypt and a starring role on the New York stage.
“I’m going to sail the Nile before it’s all over. I would like to see the Pyramids and the Sphinx… I want to do Broadway – on my terms,” she tells People.com.
The singer is also hoping for a royal engagement with Queen Elizabeth II. She adds: “I have a standing invitation to have tea with the Queen of England.”
But Franklin has assured fans her health crisis is over, and she’s already reaping the benefits of her slimmer figure after embarking on a drastic diet and exercise regime: “I’m really taking far better care of myself… I feel fabulous… (Designers Marc Jacobs and Oscar de la Renta) are cutting special things just for me.”
- Adrian Peterson is the Father, Says Massage Therapist
- Al Roker’s ‘Wake Up With Al’ Show Cancelled Over Email Fight
- 53rd New York Film Festival Headed for Another Great Run
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here