*Aretha Franklin is on the hunt for the perfect Broadway role so she can fulfill one of her lifelong dreams before it’s too late.
The Queen of Soul has spent the past few months recovering from a mystery illness which forced her to cancel a string of end-of-year concerts to undergo surgery in December. The 69-year-old has since regained her full health and has now taken it upon herself to compile a bucket list of things to do before she dies.
Among the highlights of Franklin’s list are a vacation in Egypt and a starring role on the New York stage.
“I’m going to sail the Nile before it’s all over. I would like to see the Pyramids and the Sphinx… I want to do Broadway – on my terms,” she tells People.com.
The singer is also hoping for a royal engagement with Queen Elizabeth II. She adds: “I have a standing invitation to have tea with the Queen of England.”
But Franklin has assured fans her health crisis is over, and she’s already reaping the benefits of her slimmer figure after embarking on a drastic diet and exercise regime: “I’m really taking far better care of myself… I feel fabulous… (Designers Marc Jacobs and Oscar de la Renta) are cutting special things just for me.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR Exclusive First Look Clip: Robert Townsend's 'Playin' for Love'
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Civil Rights Leaders Call for 'Lunch Out' of Pre Oscar Ceremony Luncheon
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here