*Despite her little health episode, the Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin declared she will never retire from music.
Now that she’s 85 pounds lighter and back on track with her health, the singer admitted it was a thought before, but she’s tied to her music for life.
“I’ve considered retiring before, but I’d get so emotional about it. And people were like, ‘You’re kidding — you can’t.’ So there isn’t going to be any retirement,” she told the Associated Press.
She also said the weight loss has ultimately affected her voice, but her commitment to good music is unraveled.
“Your weight affects your voice,” she admitted. “It does mine, anyway. The tone is a little fuller when you’re heavier. At the weight I was at before — what I would call my fighting weight — I had my best, best, best voice,” she explained. “It’s still generally the same, but I can hear that little bit of difference.”
In other news, an upcoming biopic of her life is on its way to production. She originally had Halle Berry in mind to play the role of her, but the seasoned actress wasn’t up for it.
Next on the list is Jennifer Hudson or Fantasia.
“They’re both very good singers and very good actresses,” said Franklin, revealing that there will be a younger and older Aretha — perfect for two actresses. “My feeling is that we’ll end up with two Arethas, one younger and one older. And you never know who we’ll find.”
Out May 3 is her 38th studio album, “Aretha: A Woman Falling Out of Love.”
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Missy Elliott Reportedly Joins ‘The Voice’ Season 9 as a Mentor
- Dylann Roof Enters 33 ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas in Federal Court
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here