*Jay-Z and Boston Red Sox slugger David Ortiz went and settled their 40/40 Club lawsuit a day before they were scheduled to duke it out in court.
According to legal documents, the rapper was suing the athlete for allegedly stealing the title of the 40/40 Club for a similar venue in his own homeland, The Dominican Republic.
“The case has been settled in principle,” said Jay-Z’s attorney Peter Raymond. “We have agreed on the outlines of a settlement and need to reduce it to writing.”
Ortiz has been trying to settle the case since last June, when the whole thing basically started, after admitting to knowingly trying to replicate the mogul’s success.
In order to avoid a media frenzy and an unnecessary headache the two settled for an unknown amount. The suit, however, was filed for $5 million in damages.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here