*Jay-Z and Boston Red Sox slugger David Ortiz went and settled their 40/40 Club lawsuit a day before they were scheduled to duke it out in court.
According to legal documents, the rapper was suing the athlete for allegedly stealing the title of the 40/40 Club for a similar venue in his own homeland, The Dominican Republic.
“The case has been settled in principle,” said Jay-Z’s attorney Peter Raymond. “We have agreed on the outlines of a settlement and need to reduce it to writing.”
Ortiz has been trying to settle the case since last June, when the whole thing basically started, after admitting to knowingly trying to replicate the mogul’s success.
In order to avoid a media frenzy and an unnecessary headache the two settled for an unknown amount. The suit, however, was filed for $5 million in damages.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here