*Jay-Z and Boston Red Sox slugger David Ortiz went and settled their 40/40 Club lawsuit a day before they were scheduled to duke it out in court.
According to legal documents, the rapper was suing the athlete for allegedly stealing the title of the 40/40 Club for a similar venue in his own homeland, The Dominican Republic.
“The case has been settled in principle,” said Jay-Z’s attorney Peter Raymond. “We have agreed on the outlines of a settlement and need to reduce it to writing.”
Ortiz has been trying to settle the case since last June, when the whole thing basically started, after admitting to knowingly trying to replicate the mogul’s success.
In order to avoid a media frenzy and an unnecessary headache the two settled for an unknown amount. The suit, however, was filed for $5 million in damages.
- 53rd New York Film Festival Headed for Another Great Run
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here