*Jay-Z and Boston Red Sox slugger David Ortiz went and settled their 40/40 Club lawsuit a day before they were scheduled to duke it out in court.
According to legal documents, the rapper was suing the athlete for allegedly stealing the title of the 40/40 Club for a similar venue in his own homeland, The Dominican Republic.
“The case has been settled in principle,” said Jay-Z’s attorney Peter Raymond. “We have agreed on the outlines of a settlement and need to reduce it to writing.”
Ortiz has been trying to settle the case since last June, when the whole thing basically started, after admitting to knowingly trying to replicate the mogul’s success.
In order to avoid a media frenzy and an unnecessary headache the two settled for an unknown amount. The suit, however, was filed for $5 million in damages.
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Urban Movie Channel Launches 'Fall Out Fridays' Comedy Specials
- Janet Jackson Launches New Unbreakable Diamonds Collection
- Tyga, Dule Hill, Jacob Latimore Cast in Thriller ‘Sleight’
- Laurence Fishburne to Play Alex Haley in A&E’s ‘Roots’ Remake
- ‘Dukes of Hazzard’ Pulled from TV Land Over Confederate Flag Car
- National Action Network to Convene Members of Congress, Administration and Civil Rights Leaders for a Legislative & Policy Conference on Capitol Hill
- Flo Rida Pulls Out of Miss USA Pageant Over Donald Trump Comments
- Obama Crashes FLOTUS' Girl Scout Campfire: 'What Are You Doing in My Yard?'
- FBI: Lightning May Have Caused Fire at Mt. Zion AME Church
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here