*Jay-Z and Boston Red Sox slugger David Ortiz went and settled their 40/40 Club lawsuit a day before they were scheduled to duke it out in court.
According to legal documents, the rapper was suing the athlete for allegedly stealing the title of the 40/40 Club for a similar venue in his own homeland, The Dominican Republic.
“The case has been settled in principle,” said Jay-Z’s attorney Peter Raymond. “We have agreed on the outlines of a settlement and need to reduce it to writing.”
Ortiz has been trying to settle the case since last June, when the whole thing basically started, after admitting to knowingly trying to replicate the mogul’s success.
In order to avoid a media frenzy and an unnecessary headache the two settled for an unknown amount. The suit, however, was filed for $5 million in damages.
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Mariah Carey to Direct Hallmark Film, Sets NYC Xmas Shows, European Tour
- Sounds of Blackness Releases Incredible Anthem 'Black Lives Matter: No Justice No Peace!' (WATCH/LISTEN)
- Confederate Flags Left At Martin Luther King’s Church in Atlanta
- Freedom Day Has Come for America's Youngest Murderers (Video)
- ‘Death By Gossip With Wendy Williams’ Set for Fall Debut on ID
- Chief Keef Plans to Perform in 3 Cities Simultaneously Via Hologram
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here