*Following months of rumors, Mariah Carey has reportedly been confirmed as having some kind of “role” on Simon Cowell’s “X Factor.”
For months, Cowell had been shooting down the rumors, citing her pregnancy as a reason she wasn’t being considered. But during a recent radio interview, he admitted that the singer would participate in some way.
“I think Mariah will have a role on the TV live shows,” Cowell confirmed to host Jackie Brown. “I met her recently and she was on great form. And her idea was to be the judge of the judges, which only Mariah could come up with. She’ll be involved in some form. I literally adore her. I love her to bits.”
Carey makes two confirmed participants for the show, with stars such as ex-“Idol” co-judge Paula Abdul, Jessica Simpson, Nicki Minaj and UK star Cheryl Cole as rumored judges and Pussycat Dolls star Nicole Scherzinger as a potential host. Cowell told Brown that the rumors are being dragged out on purpose.
“The media have got it because our company leaks any information — if we meet anybody, the whole world knows about it. But I don’t have a problem with that,” Cowell told the Huffington Post in March.
So far, record industry vet Antonio L.A. Reid has been confirmed as a judge for “X Factor.”
Auditions for the show are currently taking place around the country; it begins airing on FOX in September.
- Jesse Jackson Blasts Twitter for Lack of Black and Minority Employees
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Dwyane Wade Resigns with the Miami Heat.
- Red, White, and Bruised: Decades of Mistreatment Spark Anti-Patriotic Outrage Among Black Americans
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- THE (07-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The Pulse of Entertainment: It’s the Beginning of a new era for the 'Terminator' Franchise with 'Terminator Genisys'
- Jason Derulo Channels King of Pop in New 'Cheyenne' Video - WATCH
- Diddy Won't be Prosecuted by DA for UCLA Altercation with Coach
- Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father is Gay
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here