*Following months of rumors, Mariah Carey has reportedly been confirmed as having some kind of “role” on Simon Cowell’s “X Factor.”
For months, Cowell had been shooting down the rumors, citing her pregnancy as a reason she wasn’t being considered. But during a recent radio interview, he admitted that the singer would participate in some way.
“I think Mariah will have a role on the TV live shows,” Cowell confirmed to host Jackie Brown. “I met her recently and she was on great form. And her idea was to be the judge of the judges, which only Mariah could come up with. She’ll be involved in some form. I literally adore her. I love her to bits.”
Carey makes two confirmed participants for the show, with stars such as ex-“Idol” co-judge Paula Abdul, Jessica Simpson, Nicki Minaj and UK star Cheryl Cole as rumored judges and Pussycat Dolls star Nicole Scherzinger as a potential host. Cowell told Brown that the rumors are being dragged out on purpose.
“The media have got it because our company leaks any information — if we meet anybody, the whole world knows about it. But I don’t have a problem with that,” Cowell told the Huffington Post in March.
So far, record industry vet Antonio L.A. Reid has been confirmed as a judge for “X Factor.”
Auditions for the show are currently taking place around the country; it begins airing on FOX in September.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Yolanda Adams Added to Fox’s Live Musical ‘The Passion’
- Lance Stephenson Drags Ex K. Michelle Over ‘Down in the DM’ Remix
- Cleveland Rescinds $500 ER Bill Sent to Tamir Rice’s Family
- Not a Good Cop Look: Ex-Sheriff, Lee Baca, Admits Guilt in False Statements
- Woman Accusing Chris Brown of Battery Files Lawsuit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here