*What’s up with the rest of Prince’s scheduled shows in Los Angeles? Apparently, even organizers at Live Nation are in the dark.
With four concerts already in the can, there’s been no word on when or where the remaining 17 shows in his announced 21-night stand will take place, according to Billboard.
“Everything comes from Prince,” says Mark Campana, co-president of North America concerts for Live Nation.
Prince’s current leg began on April 14 at the Forum; his most recent show was at the storied arena on Saturday.
“He has not discussed anything beyond L.A., and L.A. was decided literally as the trucks were leaving the Carolinas (at the end of March),” Campana says. “The drivers needed to know what direction to go and Prince said, ‘head west.’ By the time they were halfway across the country, they were told to go to Los Angeles and we were announcing the shows and putting them on sale for the Forum. So spontaneity is in play on all levels. We’re all waiting with bated breath as to where’s he going after Los Angeles.”
Campana expected the rest of the L.A. shows to be played at the Forum, but then again … “We are taking direction, not giving direction,” he said.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Al Sharpton Rips Larry Wilmore’s ‘My N**ga’ Salute to Obama (Watch)
- Justin Lin in Talks to Direct Lebron James in 'Space Jam 2'
- New Daytime Talk Show ‘The Preachers’ to Get Summer Test Run (Video)
- Oprah Winfrey to Star in HBO Films' ‘Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks’
- Kerry Washington Pregnant With Second Child
- Steve Harvey’s Twin Daughters to Co-Host ‘Twin Hour’ Episode (Clip)
- Jay Z, Blue Ivy Do the Kid-N-Play Dance at Beyonce’s Formation Tour (Watch)
- Helen Mirren Rocks Purple Dress and Prince Tattoo at WHCD (Pics)
- Man Who Claims He Owns Entire Prince Catalog Challenged by Estate
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here