*When it comes to Flavor Flav and the recent bad press he’s been getting because of employee checks at his Clinton, IA chicken joint bouncing, PETA is smelling blood, so to speak.
The animal rights organization wrote an open letter to the rapper/reality TV star turned entrepreneur to school him on how his money making chickens are cruelly treated before they get to him:
Greetings from PETA! After reading about the debacle involving employees of your fried-chicken restaurant in Clinton, Iowa, whose paychecks bounced, we’re writing to encourage you to bounce one more thing-cruelty-and make your restaurant vegetarian.
If you thought your roast was bad, wait until you hear how chickens who are raised to be roasted are treated! Chickens are arguably the most abused animal on the planet. In the United States, more than 8 billion chickens are killed for their flesh each year, and 90 percent of these animals spend their lives in total filth and confinement-from the moment they hatch until the day they are killed.
More chickens are raised and killed for food than all other land animals combined, yet not a single federal law protects chickens from abuse-even though two-thirds of Americans say that they would support such a law. Chickens on factory farms are bred and drugged to grow so large so quickly that their legs and organs can’t keep up, making heart attacks, organ failure, and crippling leg deformities common.
At the slaughterhouse, they are hung upside down, and their fragile legs are forced into shackles. Almost all chickens are still conscious when their throats are cut, and many are scalded to death in feather-removal tanks after missing the throat-cutter.
There’s no reason to cash in on this cruelty. You can have all the same menu items as you did before-minus the meat. Delicious faux chicken is available wholesale from such companies as Gardein, and loads of palate-pleasing recipes are available free on our website: http://www.peta.org/living/vegetarian-living/recipes/. Faux fried chicken is as mouthwatering as it is healthy and humane, and we guarantee that it will have your customers yelling, “Yeah, boy!”
We hope that you will choose to reflect the true “flavor of love” by making your restaurant vegetarian. If we can be of any assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me at [email protected].
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Legend Records First-Ever Holiday Duet With the Stars [Listen]
- Porsha Williams, Cynthia Bailey 'RHOA' Fight, Time to Retire B-word?
- Vivica A. Fox Wants an 'Empire' Spinoff Based on Candace
- Report: Tom Joyner Being Forced Out of Own Radio Show; Russ Parr to Take Over
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here