*President Barack Obama canceled a family trip to Williamsburg, Va., planned for this weekend so he can remain at the White House to try to reach a budget deal.
“The president will remain in Washington, D.C. this weekend as he continues to work with congressional leaders to reach an agreement on the budget,” deputy White House press secretary Josh Earnest said. “The first family’s trip to Williamsburg has been postponed.”
The cancellation comes amid uncertainty about whether lawmakers and the White House will agree on a budget in time to avert a government shutdown that’s set to begin at midnight.
Obama also canceled a Friday trip to Indianapolis so he could be in Washington to help broker a deal.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Kobe to Receive 'Legend' Award, Gilbert Arneas Trolls Nick Young
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here