*President Barack Obama’s tax returns were released today, showing he and First Lady Michelle Obama filed jointly and reported an adjusted gross income of $1,728,096 according to a White House press release.
The couple paid $453,770 in total federal tax, and $51,568 to Illinois in state income taxes.
The majority of their income came from sales of the president’s books, the White House states.
Among their expenditures during the year: $245,075 in donations, while their largest charitable gift was $131,075 to the Fisher House Foundation, though they gave to a total of 36 charities.
The Bidens also released the contents of their tax return on Monday.
Vice President Joe Biden and his wife, Dr. Jill Biden, reported an adjusted gross income of $379,178 – and paid $86,626 in total federal taxes for 2010.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Oprah's Convo with T. D. Jakes About Mega Church Series 'Greenleaf' (Photos)
- George Zimmerman Brags About Selling Gun That Killed Trayvon
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Angela Simmons Confirms Pregnancy: 'We Are Overjoyed'
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here