*President Barack Obama’s tax returns were released today, showing he and First Lady Michelle Obama filed jointly and reported an adjusted gross income of $1,728,096 according to a White House press release.
The couple paid $453,770 in total federal tax, and $51,568 to Illinois in state income taxes.
The majority of their income came from sales of the president’s books, the White House states.
Among their expenditures during the year: $245,075 in donations, while their largest charitable gift was $131,075 to the Fisher House Foundation, though they gave to a total of 36 charities.
The Bidens also released the contents of their tax return on Monday.
Vice President Joe Biden and his wife, Dr. Jill Biden, reported an adjusted gross income of $379,178 – and paid $86,626 in total federal taxes for 2010.
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- RHOA Fight: Cynthia Bailey Kicked Porsha Williams in the Stomach (Report)
- James Bond Author Now ‘Sorry’ for Calling Idris Elba ‘Too Street’
- Janet Jackson Drops Missy Elliott Collabo at ‘Unbreakable’ Tour Launch (Clips)
- Bay Area Man Finds Twenty Dollars and Uses it to Win $1 Million!
- Health: Is Your Pee Trying to Tell You Something?
- Soul of the US Open: Serena Walks Over; Venus Grinds to Victory; Sloane Stephens Dismissed Early
- New James Bond Author Says Idris Elba is ‘Too Street’ to Play 007
- Bill O’Reilly Vows to Put #BlackLivesMatter Out of Business, Compares Group to KKK (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here