*A rep for Prince has confirmed the singer has avoided foreclosure on his Minnesota estate by paying off his mortgage bill in full, reports the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
The artist owns 20 acres of land in Chanhassen, Minnesota, where one of his many homes once stood before it was torn down in 2005.
The property reportedly fell into foreclosure after he allegedly failed to keep up with mortgage payments and the local Carver County Sheriff’s Office scheduled an auction to sell it off to pay the alleged $368,000 mortgage bill, according to the Star Tribune.
A foreclosure notice is said to have been posted in a local newspaper. But a rep for Prince says steps have been taken to resolve the situation, telling the Star Tribune a “payment has been made” to the bank for the full amount “about four or five days ago.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-26-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EUR on the Scene: 2nd Annual Alma Del Barrio Salsa Festival
- People of Note: Paying Tribute to Michael
- The Legend Continues Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here