*Showtime has ordered a new Don Cheadle comedy based on the book “House of Lies: How Management Consultants Steal Your Watch and Tell You the Time.”
Shortened to “House of Lies” for the pay channel, the series stars Cheadle as a self-loathing management consultant from a top-tier firm.
Showtime also ordered CIA thriller “Homeland,” starring Claire Danes, Damian Lewis and Mandy Patinkin. The show follows a CIA officer who becomes convinced that the intelligence that led to the rescue of a U.S. soldier was a setup and connected to an Al Qaeda terrorist plot.
“On the heels of successfully launching our four freshman series in the last 8 months, we’re excited to introduce the next wave of Showtime shows,” said Showtime entertainment president David Nevins. “Homeland and House of Lies are audacious in both their concept and their casting. They build upon the network’s successful pedigree and expand the definition of what a Showtime series can be.”
Both shows will receive 12-episode orders and start production this summer.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Chris Bosh & Rasheeda Appear on Tonight's 'ROSEWOOD' on FOX (Video)
- BHERC Presents 'Reel Black Men' Short Film Festival on October 24
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Gabrielle Union to Star in ‘A Meyers Christmas’ for Universal
- Matt Barnes Still Swears He Had Something With Rihanna: ‘I’m Too Grown to Lie’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here