*Showtime has ordered a new Don Cheadle comedy based on the book “House of Lies: How Management Consultants Steal Your Watch and Tell You the Time.”
Shortened to “House of Lies” for the pay channel, the series stars Cheadle as a self-loathing management consultant from a top-tier firm.
Showtime also ordered CIA thriller “Homeland,” starring Claire Danes, Damian Lewis and Mandy Patinkin. The show follows a CIA officer who becomes convinced that the intelligence that led to the rescue of a U.S. soldier was a setup and connected to an Al Qaeda terrorist plot.
“On the heels of successfully launching our four freshman series in the last 8 months, we’re excited to introduce the next wave of Showtime shows,” said Showtime entertainment president David Nevins. “Homeland and House of Lies are audacious in both their concept and their casting. They build upon the network’s successful pedigree and expand the definition of what a Showtime series can be.”
Both shows will receive 12-episode orders and start production this summer.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Parking Lot Crowded, Can't Locate Your Car? Meet 'Zus'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here