*Showtime has ordered a new Don Cheadle comedy based on the book “House of Lies: How Management Consultants Steal Your Watch and Tell You the Time.”
Shortened to “House of Lies” for the pay channel, the series stars Cheadle as a self-loathing management consultant from a top-tier firm.
Showtime also ordered CIA thriller “Homeland,” starring Claire Danes, Damian Lewis and Mandy Patinkin. The show follows a CIA officer who becomes convinced that the intelligence that led to the rescue of a U.S. soldier was a setup and connected to an Al Qaeda terrorist plot.
“On the heels of successfully launching our four freshman series in the last 8 months, we’re excited to introduce the next wave of Showtime shows,” said Showtime entertainment president David Nevins. “Homeland and House of Lies are audacious in both their concept and their casting. They build upon the network’s successful pedigree and expand the definition of what a Showtime series can be.”
Both shows will receive 12-episode orders and start production this summer.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Aretha Franklin to Perform for First Time Ever in Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- Meryl Streep's 'We’re all African' Crazy Talk About Diversity
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Boot Campaign Honors Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Marie Walters
- Black History Month at ESPN: 'SportsCenter' at Hampton for Historic Lacrosse Match; ‘Rise Up’; ‘Spike Lee’s Lil Joints’; NBA's John Wall & Miyah
- ICYMI: POTUS on ‘Ellen’; Ruben & Fantasia on ‘American Idol’ (Watch)
- Review: American Masters: B.B. King: The Life Of Riley (Fri, Feb. 12, PBS)
- Hannibal Buress Joins Cast of 'Baywatch' Movie
- ‘Lethal Weapon’ TV Reboot Taps Damon Wayans for Danny Glover Role
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here