*Showtime has ordered a new Don Cheadle comedy based on the book “House of Lies: How Management Consultants Steal Your Watch and Tell You the Time.”
Shortened to “House of Lies” for the pay channel, the series stars Cheadle as a self-loathing management consultant from a top-tier firm.
Showtime also ordered CIA thriller “Homeland,” starring Claire Danes, Damian Lewis and Mandy Patinkin. The show follows a CIA officer who becomes convinced that the intelligence that led to the rescue of a U.S. soldier was a setup and connected to an Al Qaeda terrorist plot.
“On the heels of successfully launching our four freshman series in the last 8 months, we’re excited to introduce the next wave of Showtime shows,” said Showtime entertainment president David Nevins. “Homeland and House of Lies are audacious in both their concept and their casting. They build upon the network’s successful pedigree and expand the definition of what a Showtime series can be.”
Both shows will receive 12-episode orders and start production this summer.
- Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father is Gay
- The Game Faces Three Years in Prison for Assaulting Cop
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney (Jackie Lacey) Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Marisa Tomei Joins 'Empire' as Recurring Character
- Prince Yanks His Music From Every Streaming Service Except Tidal
- Bobbi Kristina: Grave Being Prepared; Alleged Former Drug Dealer Dies of Overdose
- Chris Brown Files Paternity Papers to Thwart Baby Mama's Support Demands
- Rihanna Drops 'BBHMM' Video; Kidnaps Fans for Tidal Launch (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here