*Showtime has ordered a new Don Cheadle comedy based on the book “House of Lies: How Management Consultants Steal Your Watch and Tell You the Time.”
Shortened to “House of Lies” for the pay channel, the series stars Cheadle as a self-loathing management consultant from a top-tier firm.
Showtime also ordered CIA thriller “Homeland,” starring Claire Danes, Damian Lewis and Mandy Patinkin. The show follows a CIA officer who becomes convinced that the intelligence that led to the rescue of a U.S. soldier was a setup and connected to an Al Qaeda terrorist plot.
“On the heels of successfully launching our four freshman series in the last 8 months, we’re excited to introduce the next wave of Showtime shows,” said Showtime entertainment president David Nevins. “Homeland and House of Lies are audacious in both their concept and their casting. They build upon the network’s successful pedigree and expand the definition of what a Showtime series can be.”
Both shows will receive 12-episode orders and start production this summer.
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Thursday's First Republican Debate Line Up Released
- Joe Jackson Out of the Hospital After Stroke
- Woman Sues Lee Daniels for $300M Claiming She Inspired Cookie Role
- Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral, Nick Gordon Mourns on Beach
- Jadeveon Clowney’s Dad Charged with Attempted Murder
- Two Dead, Several Hurt at After Party for Drake’s OVO Fest
- Former Detroit Lions RB Mel Farr Dies at 70
- Craig Robinson, Amandla Stenberg & Megan Good in NBC's 'Mr. Robinson' (Watch!)
- Lenny Kravitz Plays Through Severe Wardrobe Malfunction (NSFW Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here