*When a 31-year-old poet sat down to reflect about her singleness, she had no idea just how many women – and men, to be exact – she would impact.
With close to 500,000 hits already on YouTube and over thousands of likes on Facebook, the word is quickly spreading about lyricist and spoken word poet Janette McGhee, better known as “MissTerious Janette…ikz” to most, through her latest piece entitled “I Will Wait for You.”
Speaking honestly about her own anxieties in regards to finding the perfect or not-so-perfect one, McGhee, a faithful believer, powerfully illuminated her struggles at the latest P4CM (Passion for Christ Movement) Lyricist Lounge.
What started off as a simple journal entry has escalated into a viral phenomenon, resonating with many who hold the same questions as her; questions like “is it ever going to happen? Is it even possible? What do I need to look for?”
McGhee treads into a rather sensitive subject for many and vulnerably lays out her desires for a God-honoring husband, saying that she will wait for him, while at the same time recognizing that if God were to call her to a life of singleness, her heart would be content with Jesus, “the greatest love story ever told.”
Read the full story here.
Watch the video for “I Will Wait for You”:
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Pitbull Announces Date of His ‘Empire’ Episode and Jussie Smollett Duet (Listen)
- Watch Chilling New Trailer for Idris Elba’s ‘Beasts of No Nation’
- EUR Q&A: Carl Pittman, Black Conservative, 'Offended' By Black Lives Matter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here