*When a 31-year-old poet sat down to reflect about her singleness, she had no idea just how many women – and men, to be exact – she would impact.
With close to 500,000 hits already on YouTube and over thousands of likes on Facebook, the word is quickly spreading about lyricist and spoken word poet Janette McGhee, better known as “MissTerious Janette…ikz” to most, through her latest piece entitled “I Will Wait for You.”
Speaking honestly about her own anxieties in regards to finding the perfect or not-so-perfect one, McGhee, a faithful believer, powerfully illuminated her struggles at the latest P4CM (Passion for Christ Movement) Lyricist Lounge.
What started off as a simple journal entry has escalated into a viral phenomenon, resonating with many who hold the same questions as her; questions like “is it ever going to happen? Is it even possible? What do I need to look for?”
McGhee treads into a rather sensitive subject for many and vulnerably lays out her desires for a God-honoring husband, saying that she will wait for him, while at the same time recognizing that if God were to call her to a life of singleness, her heart would be content with Jesus, “the greatest love story ever told.”
Read the full story here.
Watch the video for “I Will Wait for You”:
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here