*As surprising as it is that Whoopi Goldberg was ever married, the three men she called husband in her life she never actually loved. She split with her first husband, Alvin Martin in 1979 after six years of marriage, then married David Claessen in ’86, but divorced only after two year. Then she exchanged those sacred vows with Lyle Trachtenberg in 1994 before that relationship came to a quick halt just after a year.
The talk show host and actress opened up about those intimate, or not so intimate times in her life and the persistent problems she’s had with love on “Piers Morgan Tonight.”
“I suppose you have to actually be in love with the person you marry. You have to be committed to them. I don’t have that commitment. I’m committed to my family,” Whoopi said. “No [I wasn’t in love with my husbands]. It’s the truth. I wanted to feel normal and it seemed to me if I was married I’d have a much more normal life.”
She added, “That’s not a good reason to get married. You have to actually want a life with someone through ups and downs and I discovered that wasn’t for me.”
But that sole man who took her heart, she would not reveal. It wasn’t actor Ted Danson, though.
“[I was in love] once. A man. You’re asking me if I was in love with Ted? Is that the man I’m talking about? No. No [you don’t know him] and that’s the beauty. I snuck a couple in on y’all! It was a long time ago. We talk all the time, he’s got two great kids and a great wife.”
And Whoopi Goldberg insists she’s not currently looking for love: “I never was much of a dater. I’m not a real go-out kind of person. I’m a singular person.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- LTC Eddie Smith Congratulates 100 Black Men Mentee of the Year
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here