*As surprising as it is that Whoopi Goldberg was ever married, the three men she called husband in her life she never actually loved. She split with her first husband, Alvin Martin in 1979 after six years of marriage, then married David Claessen in ’86, but divorced only after two year. Then she exchanged those sacred vows with Lyle Trachtenberg in 1994 before that relationship came to a quick halt just after a year.
The talk show host and actress opened up about those intimate, or not so intimate times in her life and the persistent problems she’s had with love on “Piers Morgan Tonight.”
“I suppose you have to actually be in love with the person you marry. You have to be committed to them. I don’t have that commitment. I’m committed to my family,” Whoopi said. “No [I wasn’t in love with my husbands]. It’s the truth. I wanted to feel normal and it seemed to me if I was married I’d have a much more normal life.”
She added, “That’s not a good reason to get married. You have to actually want a life with someone through ups and downs and I discovered that wasn’t for me.”
But that sole man who took her heart, she would not reveal. It wasn’t actor Ted Danson, though.
“[I was in love] once. A man. You’re asking me if I was in love with Ted? Is that the man I’m talking about? No. No [you don’t know him] and that’s the beauty. I snuck a couple in on y’all! It was a long time ago. We talk all the time, he’s got two great kids and a great wife.”
And Whoopi Goldberg insists she’s not currently looking for love: “I never was much of a dater. I’m not a real go-out kind of person. I’m a singular person.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Legend Records First-Ever Holiday Duet With the Stars [Listen]
- Porsha Williams, Cynthia Bailey 'RHOA' Fight, Time to Retire B-word?
- Vivica A. Fox Wants an 'Empire' Spinoff Based on Candace
- Report: Tom Joyner Being Forced Out of Own Radio Show; Russ Parr to Take Over
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here