*NBC’s “Today” show announced the lineup for its summer concert series, which will include the likes of Rihanna, Chris Brown, Bruno Mars, Pitbull with T-Pain and Ne-Yo, Lenny Kravitz and performances by several coaches from “The Voice.”
Rihanna launches the annual series on Friday, May 27 with her fourth “Today” summer concert. A special performance from the newly-crowned “American Idol” winner and runner-up follows on Thursday, June 2.
Reunited boy bands New Kids on the Block and Backstreet Boys, touring this summer, will perform June 3. Irish pop band The Script performs at Rockefeller Plaza the following Friday. Country star Kenny Chesney and singer Bruno Mars take the stage on June 17 and 24, respectively.
In July, Pitbull will be joined by T-Pain and Ne-Yo on the 1st, with “The Voice” coach Blake Shelton taking the stage on the 8th. Chris Brown returns to perform on July 15, marking his first public performance following his set on ABC’s “Dancing With the Stars” after his disastrous “Good Morning America” interview in mid-March. Shelton’s fellow “Voice” coach Cee Lo Green takes the stage on the 22nd, with Journey playing its classic hits on its first Today appearance.
August welcomes Maroon 5, led by “Voice” coach Adam Levine, on the 5th; Zac Brown Band the following Friday; Enrique Iglesias on the 19th; and Train on the 26th
Lenny Kravitz will close out the series on Sept. 2.
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- THE (06-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- New Book! 'Diana Ross Reflections'
- EUR on the Scene: BET Experience Fan Fest 2015 (PHOTOS!)
- NeNe Leakes Announces She's Leaving 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
- Child Dies on Father's Day After Dad Leaves Her in Hot Car to Go Drinking
- Jada Pinkett Smith 'Magic Mike XXL' & Objectification (Watch)
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here